Question Ram

Nov 27, 2022
Do I need 32 or 64Gb ram?
0cgpk7jack2a1.jpg

Nov 27, 2022
Maybe? Not sure. What are you showing here? What's running in the background? Are you using a specific program?

Please list ALL specs of PC.
asus prime b350 plus
ryzen 5 2600
rtx 2070
g. skill tridentz 3000mhz 16 Gb (2x8) ram
win 10

In my normal pc usage I use between 50 - 200 browser tabs and often I use also multiple browsers to not get things too hellish
if I'm surfing or watching multiple videos it eats lot of ram
More than browsing I use gaming, image apps and on occasion video editing apps, so normally I have 60/80% ram usage + bound ram
in the background apart the antivirus nothing else is running

If I have just 1 browser, 1 gaming app and an image editing app
10 Gb ram are (used ram) 15 gb are (bound ram) 6,5 gb are (cache) ram
Now I don't know If my ideal ram is (used ram + bound ram + cache) the total of this would be 32 GB in my normal usage and 50 Gb when I'm doing multiple things at once

Do you think I need 32 or 64Gb?

asus prime b350 plus
ryzen 5 2600
rtx 2070
g. skill tridentz 3000mhz 16 Gb (2x8) ram
win 10

In my normal pc usage I use between 50 - 200 browser tabs and often I use also multiple browsers to not get things too hellish
if I'm surfing or watching multiple videos it eats lot of ram
More than browsing I use gaming, image apps and on occasion video editing apps, so normally I have 60/80% ram usage + bound ram
in the background apart the antivirus nothing else is running

If I have just 1 browser, 1 gaming app and an image editing app
10 Gb ram are (used ram) 15 gb are (bound ram) 6,5 gb are (cache) ram
Now I don't know If my ideal ram is (used ram + bound ram + cache) the total of this would be 32 GB in my normal usage and 50 Gb when I'm doing multiple things at once

Do you think I need 32 or 64Gb?
Are you experiencing any issues such as unresponsive apps or slowdowns?

Nov 27, 2022
Are you experiencing any issues such as unresponsive apps or slowdowns?

After some hours of activity it gets heavy, and have to restart or disconnect to get it smooth again, media files take time to load and videos run on low resolution, while apps and process may get stuck
now is less laggy because I put ssd as virtual memory, but I'd rather use just ram

rasmasyean

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
Also, since I'm guessing that's pretty old, make sure it's clean if you're going to use faster RAM.
I just tried to install XMP on an older motherboard and it didn't work so well, but the normal speed passed the memtest86 test. Then I decided take it out and airdust the contacts and XMP made it through and passed.