News Rambus Demonstrates HBM2E Running at 4 Gbps: 512 GB/s per HBM2E Stack

Jerry_W14

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
I just wish HBM2E be cheaper to compete against GDDR6X in the GPU market.
I completely agree with you. I was willing to give AMD $1K for Big Navi with HBM2E, Very reluctant too now. GDDR6 is a poor replacement for graphics memory in my book. I love my Vega 64 I regularly use High bandwidth cache playing games. I get to use 16Gb w/Vega. I've tuned it to my power and performance liking. I do have Navi now but it doesn't tweak the same.

Reactions: nofanneeded

spongiemaster

Admirable
Dec 12, 2019
I completely agree with you. I was willing to give AMD $1K for Big Navi with HBM2E, Very reluctant too now. GDDR6 is a poor replacement for graphics memory in my book. I love my Vega 64 I regularly use High bandwidth cache playing games. I get to use 16Gb w/Vega. I've tuned it to my power and performance liking. I do have Navi now but it doesn't tweak the same.
16GB of HBM2 did wonders for the Radeon VII. Made it almost as fast as the 2 year old 11GB GDDR5X 1080Ti in gaming.

Reactions: panathas
Sep 13, 2020
16GB of HBM2 did wonders for the Radeon VII. Made it almost as fast as the 2 year old 11GB GDDR5X 1080Ti in gaming.
Yeah, that must be why AMD calmly removed Radeon VII from the market. In case you are unaware, the Radeon VII has been gone from the market for over 6 months. It sold so "incredibly" well.