Rampage II Extreme BIOS error

geomam

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Hello. I have a Asus Rampage II Extreme motherboard and i have this problem. When i disconnect the power cord or just switch off the PSU, when i boot up again the pc, motherboard doesnt keep the BIOS settings and i have to go again with F1 to fix everything again.

I have change the battery, i have done cmos. What can i do next?

My computer setup has:

BIOS: 2101
CPU: Intel i7 920 @2.67Ghz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme
PSU: Corsair g750M
GPU: Asus Strix GTX960
Cooling System: Corsair H55
HDD: Toshiba 500GB
Windows 7 Professional GR 64b

Thnx in advance and i hope you can help me.
http://prntscr.com/6z7a2c

I attach the message of the error.
6z7a2c

if that is a new board or still have a warranty RMA it. if not. then your out of luck..usually that happens when the BIOS is not getting power from the battery...btw did you clean the whole board too? sometimes that helps.

geomam

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
The board is totally cleaned. I contacted ASUS support, but they are ignoring me. I have send 5 emails and nothing. The funny thing is that im asking for the official service point in Greece or somewhere else in Europe to send it and pay whatever they want, and they dont respond back. Im REALLY dissapointed with that behaviour.

Ps. i measure the power output on mobo and is ok.
Ps2: no is not new mobo, its 6 year old. And this is the only problem.
Ps3: creating OC Profile working fine as i can see. But the BIOS doesnt recover the profile after power lose. :(

geomam

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Just an update.

I contected the Greek and the US service and both told me that, because my mobo is not under warranty, they wont fix it EVEN IM WILLING TO PAY THE COST because the cost would be equal or more (!!!!) to the price of the Rampage II Extreme (in ebay @ 300$).

Im totally dissapointed with ASUS.