Rampage V Extreme Sata ports blown to hell?

Dec 22, 2014
Hi
Hi all

My weekend has been terrible.

I am recovering from a nice little mess up with psu. Anyway. I have the Rampage V extreme and my ssd and hdd arent being recognised at all in BIOS. My SSD is still alive and kicking because I plugged it into my mac pro via usb adaptor and everything seems fine. However the HDD looks like it got toasted as it wont start.

I went to Advanced-PCH Storage Configuration within BIOS and have now noticed it had switched the sata controller mode to Raid. I have now switched to AHCI. However I still cant see my drives.

Now the big raging clue here is that next to:
SATA6G_1
SATA6G_2
SATA6G_3
etc.....
Its says next to each one NOT INSTALLED in grey.

So from my very limited brain I guess it blew out the sata ports. yay.

Now my question is can I fix this and how? Can I update/reset/install firmware?

Thanks Guys and Gals

kfarris

Honorable
Oct 1, 2012
Did you try default settings on bios? or going into windows disk management and see if it shows it in their? Try re-flashing bios. Try uninstalling the HDD drivers and see if it will auto re-install them under device manager.

Dec 22, 2014

Hi

I have managed to boot up into windows now. However everything is just frozen on my desktop. Core temp tried to open but its frozen too. Maybe I should try plugging in all my other HDDs and SSds. Would you know the best way to clone my ssd onto a new ssd using my mac.

davidmullin

Reputable
Feb 13, 2015
How did you sort everything out? I'm having a similar problem - starting yesterday, one of my SSD drives "went missing" - bios said that there was no drive 1. I turned off the computer and let it sit, and it booted up fine. Then today, drive 3 went missing - exactly the same behavior, but for a different drive.