[SOLVED] RAMs always breaking.

Apr 25, 2022
I'm using ryzen 5 2600 MSI ventus 1660ti Asus b450f hyperx ram (recently changed to kingston). I always have dual channel rams (2x8gb 3200). And for the past 1 year and a half, my rams will always break for no reason. I don't overclock my rams, and I don't mess with the settings. My PC will just abruptly hang, then when I restart it, my motherboard will flash orange LED (RAM Problem) and sure enough, one of my stick is broken. So for the past year and a half, I have broke 12 RAMS in total. I'm starting to think that there's something in my system that's maybe causing the problem, or is it just hyperx is a bad brand to begin with. All 14 of my RAMS are the same brand. I was wondering if someone could help me with this, I'm gonna go bankrupt if I have to keep buying sticks of RAM every month.

My complete setup:
Ryzen 5 2600 (never over clocked)
MSI Ventus OC XS 1660ti (never over clocked)
2x8gb Hyperx 3200mhz (All 14 of them, same brand and same speed. never over clocked)
Asus Rog Strix b450f
Crucial 500gb NVME. M2 SSD
EVGA 850w Gold

Might be worth noting that I have tried each RAMs 1 by 1 on my PC, I have never tried it on another PC as I don't have any spare.

Last edited:
Solution
Is there a way for me to test these? My PC is running fine even after breaking a RAM, and only 1 stick would break every time, the other will work as intended. I'm currently on a tight budget, and having to pin point what's wrong or faulty would definitely go a long way, as I won't have to spend twice as much.
memtest86 is the gold standard.
It might be a faulty RAM slot.

Having 12 RAM stick die in a year or so is Not Right.

In my entire 30+ year history of PCs, I've had exactly zero RAM sticks break.
Apr 25, 2022
I would suspect a faulty motherboard, or possibly power supply.

Is there a way for me to test these? My PC is running fine even after breaking a RAM, and only 1 stick would break every time, the other will work as intended. I'm currently on a tight budget, and having to pin point what's wrong or faulty would definitely go a long way, as I won't have to spend twice as much.

Reactions: artk2219

USAFRet

Titan
memtest86 is the gold standard.
It might be a faulty RAM slot.

Having 12 RAM stick die in a year or so is Not Right.

In my entire 30+ year history of PCs, I've had exactly zero RAM sticks break.

Solution

artk2219

Distinguished

Well on the plus RAM typically comes with a lifetime warranty so you could just RMA one stick at a time and always have a spare :). On a more serious note, USAFRet is likely correct in that you have a bad motherboard or power supply. If you can live without your PC for a month, or you can get some spare parts, i would RMA them both to be sure.

TRENDING THREADS