Rams and windows score

Di0g0

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Hi

With my old PC with buffalo rams ddr2 at 800mhz I get 6.1 score on windows 7, but with my new pc using kingston 4gb ram ddr3 1600mhz I get 5.9 score :(

Why this is happening?

I'm pretty sure it's because you only have 4GB and WEI arbitrarily sets the max that you can score with 4GB or less at 5.9.

It does the same with HDD's. No matter how fast your HDD actually is, since it's not a SSD, it has a max of 5.9.

Point being, WEI is one of the most idiotic things ever created. Don't even worry about it.

Di0g0

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Ya I know that system is a sh... but it is still strange. Maybe a BIOS update can improve the performance? My Were released several BIOS updates to improve system performance...

If you're basing this off of WEI, the only thing that will make the score higher is another 4GB of RAM...

Di0g0

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012

On the old PC I have 4 GB.

On this new PC I have 4 GB but windows only uses 3.69 with a x64 system. Maybe it's because I'm using and onboard graphics (from my CPU I5 3450 3.1Ghz ~ 3.5Ghz)

That's certainly possible.

I honestly never have completely figured out WEI, but it's basically useless anyway, so I just haven't felt the need to waste my time trying.

There are tons of other reliable and trustworthy benchmarks, and you can generally get a "feel" for how everything is performing without them anyway. You shouldn't really need a useless thing like WEI to tell you how you system is performing.