Question Ran a stress test, came back with no video output and no post.

Jan 4, 2020
Ryzen 2700
Asus ROG B450F Strix
Gigabyte Gaming OC 1080ti
Corsair 650W PSU

I ran a CPU and GPU stress test at the same time, and I went off to do some things. When I returned the computer had no video output and it would not post.

When it starts the MOBO has a green LED. The MOBO manual tells me that this color LED means boot problem.

I have removed the MOBO battery to reset the CMOS, made sure everything was seated correctly and tried just about everything. The PC was completely working fine until I came back and there was no video output and it would not post.

A hunch that I have is that the CPU and GPU were too much for the power supply and it killed it (possibly along with some of my parts).

Did I just kill my computer or do I just have to get a new PSU???

Thank you everyone.

Ryzen 2700
Asus ROG B450F Strix
Gigabyte Gaming OC 1080ti
Corsair 650W PSU

I ran a CPU and GPU stress test at the same time, and I went off to do some things. When I returned the computer had no video output and it would not post.

When it starts the MOBO has a green LED. The MOBO manual tells me that this color LED means boot problem.

I have removed the MOBO battery to reset the CMOS, made sure everything was seated correctly and tried just about everything. The PC was completely working fine until I came back and there was no video output and it would not post.

A hunch that I have is that the CPU and GPU were too much for the power supply and it killed it (possibly along with some of my parts).

Did I just kill my computer or do I just have to get a new PSU???

Thank you everyone.
Your hunch may be right, most other parts have overheat protection.

TRENDING THREADS