[SOLVED] Ran into an issue with my first gaming PC build - Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Apr 10, 2020
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/adam11/saved/#view=JTCgt6

I have been trying to create a good gaming pc that is likely to remain healthy and viable for AAA gaming in the long term (5+ years), with good care of course.

However, when picking out the parts, I was greeted with this message:

The Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it.

I am not sure what the implications of this are for my previously mentioned intentions and the components I will be using, so I would really appreciate any help or advice that you can offer.

In addition, what do you guys think about the build and is there anything you would change?

Thank you for taking the time to read this

Last edited:
Solution
The Corsair RMX PSU are pretty good quality PSU. It has a 10 years warranty. That's how good it is.

So even if he buys it new right now and it's been on the shelf for a year it will still be working in 5 assuming everything goes well.

You don't have to change the PSU. I would still get a RMX 750 Watts for some headroom. The 2080 Super recommend a 600-650Watts PSU. Buy a 750.

Ok for the CPU power connectors. You don't have to connect the second CPU power connector. That's only for hardcore overclocking. Unless you use liquid nitrogen to cool your CPU and try to break the GHz record I would forget the second power connector for the CPU :)

The build looks fine btw.
The Corsair RMX PSU are pretty good quality PSU. It has a 10 years warranty. That's how good it is.

So even if he buys it new right now and it's been on the shelf for a year it will still be working in 5 assuming everything goes well.

You don't have to change the PSU. I would still get a RMX 750 Watts for some headroom. The 2080 Super recommend a 600-650Watts PSU. Buy a 750.

Ok for the CPU power connectors. You don't have to connect the second CPU power connector. That's only for hardcore overclocking. Unless you use liquid nitrogen to cool your CPU and try to break the GHz record I would forget the second power connector for the CPU :)

The build looks fine btw.

Last edited:
Solution