Random 0.5-2 second freezes happening frequently

Electromag2

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Hi, my issue is that 10-15 min after I turn on my computer I start to experience random small freezes accompanied by a buzzing sound in my headphones. The buzzing sound is a splitsecond sample of the audio playing at the time repeated really really fast.

I've been having this issue for about a year, and can't find an answer.
CPU temps always below 45 degrees, and I think my memory is working fine as I've downclocked it and messed around with it in bios and nothing seems to make a difference.

Specs:
CPU - Intel 4960k (Not currently overclocked and has stock cooler)
RAM - 8GB Hyperx 1330mhz DDR3
GPU - Radeon rx580
Motherboard - MSI-797S Krait Edition

Only weird stuff I can find that might possibly be related is: CPU seems to be constantly underlcocked (think this is intels downstepping CIE thing), CPU and RAM usage very high a lot of the time (over 60%) even when not doing anything, should note that system uses most of the cpu at 25-30% consistently.

Any help would be much appreciated

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
My first thought is that perhaps there is some damage to the motherboard/cpu/RAM from past overclocking, but that's over and done with. My next inclination would be a clean install of the OS (Win10, yes?), followed by the appropriate updates and drivers, followed by reinstall of the apps/games

Electromag2

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

Haven't actually got round to doing any overclocking on this machine yet, I'll give a clean install a shot I guess, but don't have time to do it tonight, so if you get any other thoughts I'll be happy to hear them. But thanks for the advice