Random 0.5-2 second freezes happening frequently

Electromag2

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Hi, my issue is that 10-15 min after I turn on my computer I start to experience random small freezes accompanied by a buzzing sound in my headphones. The buzzing sound is a splitsecond sample of the audio playing at the time repeated really really fast.

I've been having this issue for about a year, and can't find an answer.
CPU temps always below 45 degrees, and I think my memory is working fine as I've downclocked it and messed around with it in bios and nothing seems to make a difference.

Specs:
CPU - Intel 4960k (Not currently overclocked and has stock cooler)
RAM - 8GB Hyperx 1330mhz DDR3
GPU - Radeon rx580
Motherboard - MSI-797S Krait Edition

Only weird stuff I can find that might possibly be related is: CPU seems to be constantly underlcocked (think this is intels downstepping CIE thing), CPU and RAM usage very high a lot of the time (over 60%) even when not doing anything, should note that system uses most of the cpu at 25-30% consistently.

Any help would be much appreciated

mazboy

Commendable
Dec 28, 2017
My first thought is that perhaps there is some damage to the motherboard/cpu/RAM from past overclocking, but that's over and done with. My next inclination would be a clean install of the OS (Win10, yes?), followed by the appropriate updates and drivers, followed by reinstall of the apps/games

Electromag2

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

Samsung 850 evo 250gb, roughly 30gb free space and had it for 3 years I think

Electromag2

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014

Haven't actually got round to doing any overclocking on this machine yet, I'll give a clean install a shot I guess, but don't have time to do it tonight, so if you get any other thoughts I'll be happy to hear them. But thanks for the advice

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS