Random 1L-2S bios beeps

HunterFL

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hi all, I've been experienced an odd issue for the past few years and have tried finding a fix to no avail. Every now and then I'll go to boot up my computer and have 1 long 2 short bios noise but it'll go away after anywhere from 30 minutes or a day.Here is a video example. I checked the bios codes list and believe it to be a video error - but without listening to samples of the bios beeps I may be wrong. Can anyone give any insight to why this would randomly occur? The last time this happened was on July 10th after a first bootup in 3 months until tonight after using it almost daily since July 10th.
Thanks

The manual for this board states that 1 long 2 short beeps indicate that there is a monitor or graphics card error. I'd unplug then plug them again, making sure they are connected properly.

HunterFL

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Gahlik, Do you mean on the computer itself via settings or devices? If so, I don’t believe I have but I recall it showing somewhere. I had it happen about 2 days ago and I re-sat my ram which fixed it, but I tried it today to no avail.