Random alt-tabing when gaming

SNITCH

Reputable
Jan 6, 2015
Been having this issue for a while and it's very very annoying. So when I'm gaming (mostly source engine games) I get alt-tabbed or booted out to desktop, this is especially annoying when playing CS:GO and I'm really getting into the game. When i play i turn skype to Do not disturb so skype is not the issue, and when I get booted to desktop there are no programs asking for my attention I've ran multiple scan on MalwareBytes and Avast!. I really don't know what is causing this and this is really annoying me so can you guys please give me suggestions to fix this returning issue?

Solution
First thing to do is make sure it's not user error, i.e.:
1) You aren't pressing the Windows key or Alt+Tab
2) Making sure sticky keys is disabled
3) Making sure you have only one non-conversion (IME) language installed
4) Opening the game and not inputting anything (checks to make sure it's not just a game bug)

Once you rule those out, give us a list of everything in your details tab for the task manager. Something there is taking focus.
First thing to do is make sure it's not user error, i.e.:
1) You aren't pressing the Windows key or Alt+Tab
2) Making sure sticky keys is disabled
3) Making sure you have only one non-conversion (IME) language installed
4) Opening the game and not inputting anything (checks to make sure it's not just a game bug)

Once you rule those out, give us a list of everything in your details tab for the task manager. Something there is taking focus.

Solution