Question Random AltTabbing

Nov 27, 2022
My games and other applications are tabbing out randomly every 30-60 seconds. I think this may be a windows update issue as there is other recent posts about this same issue. I believe it is also worth noting that this happens on all full screen applications and it even occurs when running games windowed (Browser, Discord, Games,) and on both monitors as well.

-Went to Registry Edit and created an 'AltTabSetting" Reg and set the Value to 1
-Ran various CMD prompts in admin mode to Trouble Shoot and Clean up anything that maybe causing this
-Disabled Task Scheduler
-Tweaked my startup applications
-Turned Off Game Mode and Game Bar
-Did a Full Scan to check for Malware
-Updated my windows
-Ensured my drivers were up to date

There are a couple other things I have tried but I do not quite remember. But, I basically tried everything I could find across various troubleshooting websites. It is worth mentioning that my pc had fixed itself for about 9 hours but when I woke up this morning and got on it went back to Alt+Tabbing all fullscreen applications every 30-60 secs.

I am currently running a dual monitor setup and my pc was built by myself and I have had no prior issues like this and they just started two days ago.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't delete anything, just stops non microsoft programs loading with startup. Easy to reverse

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.

Does it happen in safe mode?

Heat_Fan89

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
I am going to suggest the simple and obvious. Have you tried another keyboard to see if it clears up the problem? If you are using a wireless keyboard, have you tried unplugging the receiver, removing the batteries from the keyboard and trying it again? If this is a wireless keyboard, have you tried new batteries?

Edit: I wanted to add possibly plugging the keyboard into another USB port?

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022
Sorry for the late reply. Clean boot did not help, And neither did the Keyboard fix. I think it is worth noting that 2 days ago it had not happened at all. Then yesterday it started happening again.

Nov 27, 2022
Here are some clips I made of it happening:
https://streamable.com/m5twlq
It happens about once every 2 minutes or so on average. And it tabs out and tabs back in as seen in the clips. I am not clicking anything after it tabs out. It auto tabs back in. This happens on both monitors as well. I have tried almost every fix I could find on the internet. Other than Fresh installing windows and that is my very last option.