[SOLVED] Random and Unpredictable Stutter

tankergman9600

Commendable
Sep 13, 2017
Hello all,
I am an avid gamer and have been playing on my built PC for a couple years now. But as of last week, sometimes my games have ran extremely poorly for no reason. Restarting usually fixes it, but then the next startup sometimes makes the games run poorly again. I play CS:GO, Rocket League, Apex, World of Tanks, etc.
I'm usually getting 180+ FPS in CSGO, 150 in RL, and 75 in Apex. But the recently experienced stutter has been bringing the counter down to the 30s and 40s. As a really competitive player, it makes it unplayable. I have monitored my CPU, GPU, and RAM when the stutter occurs, and I do not see anything out of the ordinary. My RAM is only being half used, the CPU isn't maxing the whole time, and isn't overheating either.
My overclocks for the CPU and GPU were stable when I tested them months ago. I am not low on storage. I cannot think of what could be causing the issues. Help???

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 3 1200 overclocked to 3.8Ghz

MSI GTX 1050 Ti w/ +70 core clock and +160 memory clock

Patriot Viper 2x4 GB 2800Mhz

MSI Gaming X Micro ATX Mobo

Seagate barracuda 1TB HDD

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

EVGA 500W PSU

Mar 14, 2019
fb.com
It started rolling out in the previous weeks. That might be the case.

You could try rolling back to a system restore point around December if you have it, or use Windows 10's built-in update rollback function.