Question Random Artifacting

Krunja0w

Reputable
Oct 22, 2020
I have a EVGA RTX 2070 Super and I notice artifacts in very specific circumstances. I have severe artifacting when opening up overwatch and sitting at the menu screen but playing is fine, I have artifacts randomly on specific videos on youtube and I have noticed using the default video player for windows that if I window the video it starts artifacting. There might be some other cases but that's what I can think of right now.

I don't know if the gpu memory is bad or not considering this is happening in very specific cases but I am somewhat concerned and its annoying. Temps never exceed 86 and are usually around 78 - 84 depending on what I am doing. I have tested with and without an overclock and it didn't make a difference or at least with overwatch. The type of artifacts are small white squares/lines and in overwatch on top of the white lines the faces of geometry can flash black sometimes with lines going through them that can be white or other colors like pink/purple. Again in game if there are any artifacts they are very quick and subtle.

So I would appreciate any help or answers as to why this is happening, its not really a huge deal other then being annoying when watching youtube if that specific video has artifacts but I am more concerned about my gpu.

Lutfij

Titan
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Check and see what your motherboard BIOS version is at the time of writing. Also, if you're on Windows 10, include the version(not edition) of the OS. How old is the PSU in your build?

You could try and download the latest version of Nvidia's drivers off of Nvidia's support site, then use DDU and then manually reinstall the GPU drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps with the artifacting.

Krunja0w

Reputable
Oct 22, 2020
Sorry for the late reply haven't been able to use my pc the past couple days.
CPU: I9 9900k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra
Ram: Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32GB 3200MHz
SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 evo plus and 2Tb WD Green SN350
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 Super
PSU: Antec HCG Gold 850w
Chassis: Cooler Master H500 argb
OS: Windows 10 64bit (On the most up to date version in windows settings so I am assuming 21H1)
Monitor: Asus Tuf Gaming Vg249Q 23.8 144hz

I am on the latest bios which is F10 and the psu is around 2 years old. I tried uninstalling the drivers through GeForce Experience and using the clean instillation option which did not do anything, did the same thing but with the studio drivers which are the stable drivers and it did nothing as well.

I tried downloading DDU and using the clean and restart function with the options of removing GeForce Experience and Nvdia control panel disabled and then used the latest studio driver executable from Nvida's website in administrator mode and it did nothing as well. I still have artifacts and they are just as bad.

I have noticed them on most 3d applications when loading new textures but they are pretty subtle just light flickering and usually gone. Overwatch is still the worst during that menu screen with a random hero on a random map posing and its constant. I also recently installed UE5 and omg its terrible when moving around or sculpting terrain like almost unusable and then it crashed on me after some basic sculpting. But still either no artifacting or lots of artifacts on videos. I am assuming that something very specific is going on with windows or my memory is just bad. I also tried downclocking my memory by -100 however much that is as it doesn't tell me on the ui and it did nothing.

So I am assuming I will need a new gpu but if there is other stuff that I could do or you think something is causing it I am open ears.