Question Random audio and video freezing.

Feb 24, 2020
I am getting these seemingly random freezes where my audio and video freezes for a few seconds, and then continues like nothing ever happened. I have been trying to figure out the issue for a while now, I have done a clean windows reset, I have checked my ram for errors, I have updated all of my drivers, physically and virtually cleaning my PC including scanning for viruses and cleaning out all the filters and fans in my case. Nothing seems to work, but I have MSI afterburner running, and when one of these freezes happened, I ran to MSI afterburner to search for any alarming spikes, and this seemed to be the the only spike that fits the length of the freeze.

The usage for this one core all of the sudden spiked up to 94% and then almost immediately went back down to normal usage. This happened while just watching youtube, and having discord open on my other screen. I am just trying to find out if there is a way to see what is causing these freezes. It is very random, so I can't capture it on screen recording, but it usually happens more than once a day, so if anymore information is needed I can get it back as soon as I can.

Here is my full setup:

PC Specs:
(Windows 10 Pro)
Mobo: ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700 @3.20GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (4x8GB | 32GB @ 300Mhz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
PSU: EVGA 650 GQ, 80+ GOLD 650W

Idle Temps/Usage:
GPU: 58°C at idle
CPU: 32°C at idle
RAM: 20% at idle

This does include some programs running in the background like Discord and Malwarebytes (not scanning).

I built this system near the very end of 2018.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS