Question Random Audio Stutter and Mouse Drag (Linux & Windows)

scappy

Reputable
Feb 2, 2017
Hey guys. This happens mostly when I'm watching videos on youtube regardless of the browser I'm using (Firefox, Chrome, Brave) but it also happens sometimes when I'm listening to Spotify and other multimedia programs. For some reason, my audio would just stutter for a split second it sounds like a DJ scratching a record on a turntable and I have no clue what's causing it. I also noticed some random drag on my mouse. That also happens for a split second. I first notice this more or less 2 weeks ago and it happens around 5 to 10 times a day. I have a dual boot system Archlinux, and Windows, and this weird issue occurs on both of them randomly so I'm thinking it might not be an issue with either of the OSs. It could be a hardware problem but I'm not sure where to start.

This is a fairly new build. I had this for about a couple of months now. I have a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 9 5900X, Noctua NH-D15 Cooler, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, GTX 1080, and 750W 80+ Gold PSU. Both OS are on separate 2.5" 500GB SATA SSD.

There's no overclocking whatsoever. I only have XMP enabled and that's it. Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, guys!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS