Question Random audio stutter/computer hanging

May 16, 2019
Hi all,

So I recently (about two weeks ago) got a new PC, and while the specs are decent enough that I wouldn't think I should be having any problems, I occasionally (maybe once every hour or two) have an issue where the audio stutters for a few seconds, the image on the screen freezes, and then it goes back to normal. Very annoying when trying to play games (particularly as in some cases, after it happens, the audio stops working on the game I'm playing and I have to close and reopen it).

Anyway, here are my specs -
View: https://i.imgur.com/BTdyrdA.png

(tried to use Speccy's publish snapshot button, but it didn't seem to work)
For more details, the RAM is -
- Team T-Force Dark 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 Grey Black

The speakers are -
Creative 2.0 Channel GigaWorks T20 Series II Speaker System

I've updated every driver, both via the Device Manager and from the manufacturer's websites. After some googling I saw a lot of people saying to disable Sound Enhancements in the Sound section of Windows, which I did, but to no avail. I've also changed the sound format to 16bit, 44100Hz (CD quality), which seems to be the lowest format I can go to. Still no luck.

I also used DPC Latency Checker, and it told me that something is causing issues and to try disabling devices, which I've been doing, but so far nothing has worked, and I'm starting to run out of things I can disable without affecting the computer's usability.

Can't remember what else I've tried, but if anyone has any other solutions, I'd really appreciate them.

Thanks!

May 16, 2019
cpu/gpu temp?
make and model of the psu?
CPU is sitting at around 45degrees celsius, GPU is sitting around 45-50 (while I have a game running).

PSU is - be quiet! Pure Power 11 600W Power Supply

Given that the PSU is only 600W, do you think that's likely to be the problem?

Last edited: