Question Random Audio/Video Stutters

TikPandora

Honorable
Dec 18, 2016
So, I just finally finished the biggest nightmare of a build I've ever experienced, and now that I've gotten it to POST I'm having some issues.

Rarely, but often enough for me to notice them, I'll get random audio/video stutters. The mouse will slow down for about a half a second or so and the audio will become all distorted. I don't even know where to begin in regards to trying to figure out what's wrong.

System specs:
ASUS TUF Gaming B550m Plus WiFi
Ryzen 5 3600
32 GB DDR4 at 3600 mHz
Sapphire Radeon RX 6600
WD Black SN770 500GB
SK Hynix S31 Gold 1 TB
EVGA G5 650W

TikPandora

Honorable
Dec 18, 2016
Sure I can! According to ASUS it's the latest BIOS. Also, this is a brand new drive so I didn't have any install carried over. It's Windows 11.

I can remember three specific instances where I can remember what I was doing when the issue occured.

One was setting up Microsoft Mail for
the first time.
Second was when I accessed the "device" tab in Armoury Crate for the first time.
And third was randomly last night when I plugged my Roccat Burst Pro Air in to charge.

TikPandora

Honorable
Dec 18, 2016
Well, it appears AI Suite lied to me. It said there was no need to update my BIOS, but checking the page for my motherboard revealed I was actually three versions behind. I was still on a revision from last year and one of the update logs specifically mentioned that it reduced CPU stuttering.

I have updated to the newest version and I will see how it goes from here.