Question Random beep

extra_g

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
I noticed about a month ago my PC will randomly beep. Since I first noticed it, I have only heard the beep about 6 times, but it could be more as I were headphones most of the time so probably don't hear all of them.
The beep is similar to the PC startup beep but a bit longer, not so short, nor does it seem to be so loud.
The system is an i7-3820, ASUS P9X79 LE, 4 x4 GB RAM, GTX 1060 6GB. Built about 8 years ago, used daily for at least 3-4 hours.
I have tested the RAM using Memtes86, the GPU with several benchmark programs using ultra settings, monitored temperatures of hardware using HWMonitor, pulled the system apart cleaned the RAM and GPU connectors using isopropyl alcohol and a cotton tip. Another test I ran was Crystal Disk Info and it shows all drives are in good health.
When the beep occurs it is random, can happen anytime, last night it beeped when shutting down. I also noticed during the day it took longer to perform tasks, as well as to shut down (not much longer but noticeably longer).
I have also looked at View Reliability Monitor at the time I heard the beeps will no logging of error.
In the past when I have had issues it normally ends up being the GPU. I do not want to upgrade my CPU, MB and RAM put the GPU in to find out that indeed it is my GPU and my current setup is ok bar the GPU.

Can anyone help me pinpoint this issue I am having?

I will also add that at this point in time it is just a beep alerting me to an error, nothing fatal is happening, just waiting for that day.

Cheers.

the beep is coming from the speaker that is plugged into the Motherboard. you might be able to find an answer in the owner's Manuel. the beeps are like a code and the manual should have the key to deciphering that code. e.g. 1 beep is a temp issue or 1 fast beep 1 slow beep means memory issue..... you get my point.

or you can just unplug the speaker and call it a day

i wouldn't recommend the second option

extra_g

Honorable
Mar 29, 2015
UPDATE: For anyone experiencing what I have been experiencing then the chances are it may be a HDD. Even though test were performed and my hardware passed, it seems that an old notebook HDD was the root of the issue. I cloned the drive to an SSD I had spare and the system is performing much better. No more beep (that I have heard in the past week), also load times for program is faster.