Question Random black band flickers on top portion of monitor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2021
Recently I started noticing a black flash/flicker on the top portion of my monitor. Im not sure what causes it, but from what I can tell it occurs at any time (gaming, google, etc).It isn't incredibly disruptive by any means - it only happens every few minutes for a split second, but I would love to either solve it or be able to return it before the window closes.

For some context I just purchased and MSI G27C4 (freesync monitor) aswell as a 3070 a few days ago (I didnt however notice this issue until today).

I am connected from my pc to my MSI monitor via a display port 1.2 @ 1080p 144hz and have gsync enabled in nvidia control panel. I should mention that I dont have this issue on my second monitor (old dell monitor) which is connected via hdmi to the same gpu.

Any tips/help would be greatly apprecied.

Dec 15, 2021
I'm experiencing the exact same thing. Have you solved it? I have a 3070 with 2 monitors as well. Primary with 144hz has the issue (Freesync on), secondary works just fine. it happens randomly, looks like when I switch between apps or the pc is under load. I have ryzen7 5800x with power boost and xmp active. Do you have any OC on?

_liam_

Prominent
Nov 15, 2020
Also having this same issue. I've had a 3080 and the monitor (Dell S2721DGF) for several months, but it just recently started to have the quick flicker across the top of the screen. It's connected via DP. Second monitor is HDMI, no issue. I replaced the DP cable, and it seemed to stop for a while. Just noticed it again tonight, though. I wonder if it's because the replacement DP cable is from the same brand, Cable Matters? It's VESA certified, so I shouldn't have to worry about the active 20th pin issue, but 🤷🏻‍♂️. Could be software related, too, I guess. So weird!

Status
Not open for further replies.