Random black screen, i hear pc turn off and next thing is that BIOS texts comes and i need to login to pc again?!?!?!

dcboy1600

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
So i have had this problem now a along time and i have tried EVERYTHING to get it go away but nothing seems to be working. So when i play games or even idle on desktop my pc randomly shuts itself. There comes black screen and then all those BIOS texts (logo etc...) like when you turn your pc on after shutting it down and then i need to login to my pc again. This might happen after 1 hour of playing or 1 week of playing.

I have tried different PSU's (not new ones tought all used ones) different graphicks card, different RAM on both my slots (i have only 2 slots for RAM),
Different motherboard and same prosessor that i have in use but new one and problem is still occuring.

My specs: Amd athlon x4 880k 4.0ghz stock

Motherboard: GA-F2A88XM-DS2

MSI Gtx 1050 Ti 4gb OC edition

HyperX DDR3 1600mhz, CL10, 1.5V

Powersuply random 350W

Hdd Seagate 1Tb Barracuda

SSD for win 10 (dont remember mark) was used i think when bought

So basically my pc restarts itself randomly like you took power cable off and then it goes on after 1 sec by itselff!!! I dlnt do anything and it has no warnings or anything it just happens completely randomly and its very hard to think any reasons this is happening.

I hear my fans slowing down (like turning off power) and then they boot on again but because this happens so quickly this reatart those fans still are spinning they dont completely stop. Could this be motherboard problem altought i have tried different motherboard and cpu and problem was still occuring

indsup

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015
Sounds like your power supply is bad or quickly on it's way out. I know that you said you changed the psu but that's the most common. You could also have a loose cable or loose connection somewhere on the motherboard that will also cause this. Check and make sure you have the cables firmly secured along with good connections first then check the power supply.

dcboy1600

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

Shouldn't it make the problem then all the time if there is something loose? Because i can play maybe 5 days no problem and then it happens when i idle or something? I can try to push all those cables in more just to make sure. And today actually when i turned my power on (not to pc) to where my pc gets electricity, my pc went on without me pressing power button? Do you know if there is something wrong on mobo or psu if that happened? I vave never seen that before...

indsup

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015

If that happened then it's probably the power supply that is faulty.

dcboy1600

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

That was from my BIOS i have used setting that when my pc crashes it stays off and does not try to turn back but i quess it dont help because it still crashes and restarts itself. Then i turned on that my pc tries to restart and download that part back when my pc crashed but i quess when i press power to my electricks it starts my pc because it thinks that it just lost power when it was turned off and thats why it goes on by itself. So i think that problem is now know what makes it. But that crash is still a thing.

indsup

Reputable
Apr 26, 2015

That's not the way they are supposed to work. It is in the bios how you set the power options. When you loose power while it is on if you have it set to off it will stay off. If you have it set to restart it will but only if it was running when it was already on. If you have it turned off it should stay off no matter how it is set. The power button could be faulty, loose connection, bad psu, motherboard going bad. There's numerous possibilities.

dcboy1600

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

I feel like it could be psu but i doubt that and motherboard could have some problems but i have tried another motherboars too and it didnt fix the problem. But when i tried that second mobo i had all same things except no ssd and my hdd and psu were used. I dont know what psu i had could be same power or more. I just think that maybe tjis is not enough to run my lc and i need bigger psu than 350w for this build

dcboy1600

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I got message earlier that my psu is not powerful enough that i need 500-550w to run and something about 12.V things that i have for 12.V power only 195w and i need more power in that area.

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
Well you said you had tried diff psu, but no one asked including myself what the wattage was. Did you add anything new to the computer then the problems started? I am confused because you said you tried different motherboard and psu's and had same results. So if you are running all that on 350 watts I would definitely say you are under powered and need a min of 500w psu.

dcboy1600

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

No i didnt add anything new and yeah i dont know how much power those psu's had but the guy who built my pc said its enlugh and he said that this what i have now is enough too...but i got message that this is not enough so maybe my pc builder has fogot something idonno :/

shknawe

Respectable
Oct 22, 2016
So at the beginning you had enough power to run things, but as things get older, and drivers are updated more power is drawn upon. So 350 watts is not enough to power you pc anymore. You can pick up a 550/600 watt psu on the cheap or buy one from a friend that he has laying around from an upgrade.

dcboy1600

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

i ordered almost all parts from shop and they were new and this problem started like in week after building pc, now i have bigger psu but it hasn't been much in use yet so lets see if that helps