Random black screen when playing specific games

Pavillin

Commendable
May 18, 2016
For starters I have been searching google for two days trying to fix this so I'm to the point now where I have no clue what's wrong.

So I built my PC about 4 months ago, last week my PSU died. I got my replacement yesterday, installed it and everything seemed to be working. I decided I should update my nvidia drivers before I play games so I did a clean install. I then proceeded to play games, surf the web etc. with no issues. I then loaded up Arma 3, a game I love to play. When I load into the game anywhere from 20 seconds to five minutes my monitors go black (had them go white once also) and I can hear a windows sound like a usb was disconnected. I can still hear sounds from other applications but not Arma 3. I then started hearing the error popup sound. I cannot see what they say as my monitor is black. The only way to fix this is to hold the power button on my PC then start it up again.

This only seems to happen in Arma 3 so I'm not sure what to do any help is appreciated!

Specs:
Mobo: GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3
RAM: 16gb DDR4 HyperX Fury
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze EVO Edition 520W
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX
CPU: Intel Boxed Core I5-6600K

Pavillin

Commendable
May 18, 2016

How do I do this?

MyNameisXephus

Commendable
May 18, 2016

With GTX not entirely sure but you should have like an NVidia control panel or something that allows you to adjust gpu settings.

Pavillin

Commendable
May 18, 2016
Well, I basically just let me PC sit idle for about an hour then just surfed the web for another two. I then did a GPU Benchmark and everything seemed to be good. I then launched Arma 3 WITHOUT mods and it seemed to work so I then tried using A3 Launcher and playing with mods on a server and it works. Really odd but I don't seem to be having this issue anymore. Sorry I tried to provide as much detail as possible in case anyone else was having similar issue.