Random black screen while gaming.

soldierboy1812

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017
So I built my pc a couple weeks ago and it is a budget build for sure. It will randomly black screen whenever I game and it is very annoying, I have to turn the computer off and back on again, and any noise that was going through my tv when it does this just repeats over and over.
Here is the specs of my build
CPU: Intel i5-2400
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED (black and red theme pc)
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 370
Motherboard: B75A-G43 ATX
PSU: Corsair CX650M Semi-Modular psu

Edit: I installed the new power supply and it will still black screen sometimes just like normal. My CPU temps are always around 46-49 degrees when i restart and then go into bios. These numbers don't seem that high to me, so I don't think that it could be that it is shutting down because temps are too high. It doesn't matter what game I am playing, it has done this in Rust, Rainbow Six Siege, and CSGO. If it helps, my motherboard uses ClickBios II if anyone knows if there is some settings I need to change if I messed anything up in there. Should I reset to defaults on bios?

DondoFX

Commendable
Apr 13, 2017
Check your CPU and GPU temps while gaming, there should be some console commands to show them ingame, because if you alt-tab the temps tend to go down. I am betting on high temps somewhere.

soldierboy1812

Prominent
Apr 30, 2017

Youre right the gpu temps are getting too high. Do I increase fan speed or lower graphics settings? I originally had fan speeds at around 60% but now ive got them at 85% and no black screen so far I just played a good 2 hours of Rainbow Six Siege. So I think what you said worked but now i've got a jet engine in my computer. is there a way I can lower temps but not have the fans so high? Should I lower graphics settings?

TRENDING THREADS