[SOLVED] Random black screen

sammael1984

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2015
Hello, guys. I honestly don't know where I should post this kind of problem, but I hope you can guide me if this is not the right channel.

So, my problem started a couple of weeks ago. I started having this moments when the screen went completely black for a few seconds, then back again to what I had on screen, whether it was a game or a video. At times, these events happened exclusively during gaming, but now it started happening while watching vidos on YouTube. Some times the black screen would go back, back and forth like 10 or more times in a row. What I noticed though, was that every time it came back to "normal", the quality of the image was slightly inferior. Like a little darkened, almost as if there we some sort of graphic quality downgrade.

I have updated every single driver on my PC, including GPU and Windows 10. I have also checked the temps on my GPU to see if it was getting overly hot when the events happened, but still nothing. The temps where really reasonable, below 60 degrees celsius.

I am running Windows 10 Pro. The latest update. And these are my specs:

CPU:Intel Core i7-4790K
MOBO:Gigabyte ga-z97x Gaming 5
GPU: GTX 980 Gigabyte g1 Gaming
Cooler: Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL9 DIMM XMP
HDD: WD Caviar Dark 1TB
SSD: 850 EVO 120GB
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
Case: Nzxt H440

My monitor is just a TV screen.

A 48-inch LCD HDTV with LED backlighting from Sony with 1080p resolution, a 240Hz refresh rate

I put this computer together myself, so the cable management wasn't the cleanest stuff ever, but I did what I could, and this computer has been running for almost five years so far.

What do you think might be happening, guys?

I thank you in advance for any help you may provide.