Question Random black screens, restart works sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jataullah

Honorable
Jan 30, 2019
I have been using my graphics card for a year and now it started having some issues. At least everything leads to it being the GPU.

The problem started last week. It started by having no signal on screen with LEDs on. I tried to investigate the problem and when reassembeled everything, it started was able to boot. After playing Apex Legends for 30 minutes, my screen started flickering then it went black. When I forced a shut down, attempting to restart resulted in the same no signal issue.

Day 1.
After waiting for 20-30 minutes, I was able to post again. I thought maybe it is a temperature issue so I attempted to stress test it and the first test ran fine but the one after, got black screen again. After a few tries, I found no pattern with the black screen. Sometimes it is immediately after boot and sometimes when it is completely idle. Either way, I noticed the motherboard debug LEDs. Upon boot up, there are 3 patterns that happen where they all start the same way. They all start where the CPU LED is on for 1 second then it turns off, then both the VGA and the BOOT LEDS blink once. After that, there are 3 possibilities. Upon normal-looking boot up, the LEDs just go off. When there is no signal, the VGA LED stays on and sometimes the VGA LED stays on for 5 seconds then it goes off and the PC boots. Finally, when the PC is already booted and goes randomly no signal, after some waiting, the VGA LED goes on.

Day 2 (until PC was back)
I could not find any threads that had similar motherboard LED situation so I decided to send it to computer repair shop. They attempted to mount the GPU on another PC and the problem remain. They have said that the problem is with the GPU.

Today
I am currently trying to investigate what is wrong with the GPU and why this is happening. I have also purchased an RTX 4060 (with 30-day return policy) for both investigating this further and if it works to replace the GPU. I have attempted to look up if there is something odd in the event log and I have noticed multiple errors and some that are labeled critical. The ones labeled critical turned out to be due to forced shutdown but there were some events mentioned below and I do not know if they are related. There was one for the GPU driver specifically and it mentioned PCI Drivers while the other was on system log There was I will keep the feed updated.

Gpu:
Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service NVDisplay.ContainerLocalSystem for Device Instance ID PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_2482&SUBSYS_408D1458&REV_A1\4&2283F625&0&0019 with the following status: 0

system:
dcom got error 1084

Specs
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700X
GPU - Gigabyte RTX3070 Ti Eagle OC 8GB
Motherboard - MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus
PSU - CoolerMaster MasterWatt Lite 700W
RAM -16GB RAM

Sep 20, 2023
Hi sir, I am having exactly the same issues with you. VGA White LED, black screen, flickering, no signal, nvlddmkm.sys error and VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE. I tried everything in the web but no luck. I have these issues since Janurary 2023. Maybe it is software issue but IDK (Windows update, BIOS, NVIDIA Driver etc.) If you find any solution can you update here.

Thanks in advance.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Start your own thread with your full specs, don't latch onto an old one with vaguely similar symptoms.

As for the OP, I'm sorry nobody responded to his thread, but the likeliest culprit, unless he's already figured it out, is the garbage-tier PSU, possibly the worst one ever released by a mainstream company, being paired with a 30-series GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS