Random Black screens??

kevinowns

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014
Hey at random times my screen goes completely black for a few seconds.. When it happens I can hear the monitor make some flick noise and if im watching a video or something I can still hear the sounds. Then a few seconds later it comes back like nothing happened. This happens randomly like when I'm playing a game, watching a stream or just browsing online.

*Update*: Ok so I got a replacement monitor from Dell, same one. It was working fine for the most part then I got the random black screen yet again.. I was on extended display with my 32inch tv and I got the black screen again.. But it was only on my Dell monitor and not the TV. Does it have to do with the dell monitor or is it something inside my computer? Any insight on this?

I have a dell 24inch monitor 1080p 5ms model #ST2421L, heres my build : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JQkM4D

Please Help!

kevinowns

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

When you say connecting cable, you mean the one that powers on the monitor? If so I just checked it, it shouldn't be stepped on because its behind the desk with all the other cables.

kevinowns

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

I unplugged and plugged back in the power cable to the monitor and also the dvi video cable. They are securely plugged in.

kevinowns

Reputable
Jul 31, 2014

Everything seems connected securely and I jiggled the cord that connects to my monitor and it didint go black. Anyways, everything was going good today until just now it black screened again :(