Mar 3, 2021
Hey! Recently built a top of the line PC. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/WnIdYogrtSlingr/saved/#view=BYYHGX . Before the new GPU I had a very trusty GTX 1080 in it. It runs games amazingly! However!!!! Serious issues overclocking my CPU. Even when on default over autoOC using the ryzen master software I randomly get black screens followed by a reboot. It doesn't seem to be my ram as when I'm running different ram the problem persists. It really feels like something is up with my GPU. I've ran P95 a handful of times. My ram doesn't care about it. My CPU runs far below base clock if I run just the CPU stress. But if I run all the tests together I get a black screen+reboot. Also my system seems to REALLY not like R6 Siege on Vulkan. It runs every other game just fine so far for hours and hours on end. But 3ish games into siege and it black screens reboots. Considering I've spent well over $5k on this build it's very frustrating that this keeps happening. I have warranty on all parts and have replaced my motherboard twice now because faulty ASUS boards. I'm looking for some help with this. Anything is fine. Programs to stress test and trouble shoot + settings to change would be ideal if anyone has any ideas. I really can't find anything about my build bc it's so new. :C

UPDATE: Might have fixed it? Upped the voltage to the CPU a bit. Running at 1.369 now instead of the 1.35 it was sucking before. It's passed all stress tests so far. I haven't tried R6 Siege again yet though. It feels very unlikely this was the issue because it'd passed stress tests before at 1.35? I'll continue testing and update when I can.

Update 2: Left it to run while I was out shopping and it definitely did it again. I'm at a loss.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might it be possible to go into BIOS and see what version you're currently on? You will also need to cross-reference MSI's support page for your motherboard and see if you have BIOS updates to go through.

This might sound silly, but have you made sure that the sticker under the cooling block of the AIO is removed?

Mar 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Might it be possible to go into BIOS and see what version you're currently on? You will also need to cross-reference MSI's support page for your motherboard and see if you have BIOS updates to go through.

This might sound silly, but have you made sure that the sticker under the cooling block of the AIO is removed?
Yea. Bios seems up to date and the sticker was removed lol. It’s not an over heating issue. It maintains 55C at most