Question Random blackscreen

Jan 23, 2021
I have been experiencing black screens and cpu diagnostic light turns on out of nowhere for a couple of month. It usually occurs during a cold boot on login screen or when I open chrome quickly after login. Sometimes it occurs when the pc comes from a sleep state. It almost never occurs during gaming, maybe once or twice during a game since the problem first appeared. When i had xmp profile activated it was very frequent but when i dialled in the clock and timings manually the problem doesn't occur as much as before but it still happens. I suspected a bad psu since mine was 8 years old so i upgraded to a seasonic core gx650 but the problem is still there. I ran an overnight memtest86 when the problem first happened but no errors found.
specs:
Ryzen 2600
Msi b450 carbon ac
Corsiar vengeance 16gb (2x8) 3000 cl15-17-17-35 1.36v
Rx 580 4gb sapphire nitro
So to sum it up i turn on my pc login and it will freeze for a couple of seconds then black screen with the fans on and i have to reset if it doesn't happen during login it will usually occur when using Chrome right after i move the mouse to wake the screen.
I have no overclock on cpu or memory and gpu is undervolted but even if it's at stock voltage the problem occurs. Ram is installed in correct slots and bios is the latest final build not the latest beta.

Last edited: