Question Random blue/red/yellow pixels + random crashes when starting up games or benchmark

Nov 19, 2020
So i started getting these problems randomly. I was already about to buy a new CPU so i did that and it just made it worse. I then installed new RAM and a new GPU and still i had these problems. I think it is due to my Psu being too old/overused or it just doesn't have enough power or something.

It's kind of like this photo but not in games, only on startup or when i am watching Youtube full-screen or starting up heaven benchmark.

Any idea if it could be the power supply?

Here are my specs:

Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1333 Kit [RAM]

MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC [GPU]

Sharkoon VG5-W green ATX [CASE]

KINGSTON SSD 120GB 450/450 V300 7mm SA3 [SSD]

Asro H81M-DG4 H81 RG SM [µATX Motherboard]

WD Blue WD10EZEX 1TB [HDD]

CooMas Hyper212 Evo [CPU Cooler]

Intel Core I7-4790K [CPU]

CooMas B500 500W ATX23 [POWER SUPPLY]

AOC G2460VQ6 [HD/75Hz Monitor]

Nov 19, 2020
i forgot the photo
ELrCnqK.jpg

Nov 19, 2020
what are the temps while playing games if gpu under warranty you could rma it, your gpu could be dying if its always artifacting the checkerboard pattern

looks like your gpu is artifacting

This is actually not really what's happening with me, i don't have it in game but it looks like this when i startup or when it crashes

Temps are at 39°C when watching video's or doing teams calls but it variates when playing games based on the graphical needs when playing.

I can still play games but if it gets too overwhelming my pc shuts down, the weird pixels are when i startup games or watch Youtube sometimes.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2020
Please list the new AND old GPU, RAM, CPU. Remove all GPU overclocks, timing adjustments, and overvolts and see if the problem goes away.

This looks like a GPU VRAM issue.

Old CPU: I5-4670 --> NEW is an I7-4790K

Old GPU: Msi GTX 1050 --> NEW is an MSI 8GB D5 RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC

Old Ram: D3 8GB 1333-999 Ripjaws K2 GSK --> NEW is Corsair 16 GB DDR3-1333 Kit

Quite an upgrade, that is why i thought it would be the power supply being too low.

I reset the bios but that did not work...

Nov 19, 2020
Were you seeing the exact same checkerboard pattern with your old GPU?
Are you overclocking any of your current components? Did you buy the GPU used?

Not the exact same, but yes i saw the same weird pixels also with the old GPU but less.

No i disabled all overclocking now and set the power management to balanced, no difference at all.

Also it is a completely New GPU

Jul 19, 2020
Thank you, i mean i found one

Xilence Performance X 650W

i think it is very great for it's price, what do you think?
to be honest i have never heard of that company for that price if i was in your position i would go with something like evga corsair cooler master just because they are reputable brands and same price i tend to stay away from power supplu brands i havent heard of before but thats just my opinion