Feb 7, 2021
So I’m having such a weird issue and I’m more than lost and need help.
So my system specs are ryzen 7 2700x, evga 650 G3 psu, Corsair vengeance pro ram (8gb x 4), rtx 2080ti
So everything started happening after I installed a NZXT all in one water cooler and two addition sticks of ram.
so side note when I installed my cooler, when I removed my older one the top plastic piece where I was holding on to it from, fell off and the cooler itself landed on top of the cpu. There wasn’t any visual damage so I didn’t think anymore of it.
so fast forward a day after the cooler/ram install I start getting blue screens. And it’s not just one, I’ll boot in get a bsod, restart and get a different bsod and that goes on for a few passes and then it eventually calms down and I can go about my business. I just have no idea what to do. I did a memtest on my ram and it’s good. I’ve done the disk repair and nothing. Anything helps

Solution
7 2700x, evga 650 G3 psu, Corsair vengeance pro ram (8gb x 4), rtx 2080ti
what ssd/hdd do you have? Makes/model?

error 2 looks like pc is trying to right data to drive, and when it checks it, its not what it was expecting.
Think we need to run chkdsk on the drive(s)
error 3 mentions amdppm which is a part of windows that talks to CPU chipset drivers.
grab the latest chipset drivers from - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470
Update bios to version 5809, any higher are bios and aren't going to really help your CPU. Grab chipset drivers before updating this.
you can update using internet in bios, see page 3-23 here -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Feb 7, 2021
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1_Z6gNm9GhbY_LweZsHJmyecHarxJTWfi?usp=sharing

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/z7h63ayg/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:020721-17031-01.dmp (Feb 7 2021 - 19:11:21)
Bugcheck:SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3B)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: MBAMService.ex)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 17 Sec(s)

File information:020721-15500-01.dmp (Feb 7 2021 - 18:16:18)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: chrome.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 05 Min(s), and 43 Sec(s)

File information:020721-15421-01.dmp (Feb 7 2021 - 18:09:20)
Bugcheck:KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1E)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: System)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 35 Sec(s)

File information:020721-15312-01.dmp (Feb 7 2021 - 18:25:33)
Bugcheck:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: lsass.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 03 Min(s), and 30 Sec(s)

File information:020721-14343-01.dmp (Feb 7 2021 - 20:27:28)
Bugcheck:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:nvlddmkm.sys (Process: csrss.exe)
Uptime:0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 11 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/PRIME-X470-PRO/
There are BIOS updates available for your system. You are using version 4011 and the latest is 5837. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
7 2700x, evga 650 G3 psu, Corsair vengeance pro ram (8gb x 4), rtx 2080ti
what ssd/hdd do you have? Makes/model?

error 2 looks like pc is trying to right data to drive, and when it checks it, its not what it was expecting.
Think we need to run chkdsk on the drive(s)
error 3 mentions amdppm which is a part of windows that talks to CPU chipset drivers.
grab the latest chipset drivers from - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/x470
Update bios to version 5809, any higher are bios and aren't going to really help your CPU. Grab chipset drivers before updating this.
you can update using internet in bios, see page 3-23 here - https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X470-PRO/E13883_PRIME__X470-PRO_UM_WEB.pdf
error 5 is about only obvious one, Nvidia drivers.

so have you removed 2 sticks and are the ones in currently the old or new set?

Solution
Feb 7, 2021
I have my OS on a Samsung 970evo nvme, I have a western digital 500gb ssd, a sea gate 4tb hdd, and 1tb western digital hdd. I’ve currently got all 4 sticks of ram installed into the pc

Feb 7, 2021
im also updating everything that was mentioned above. so will update if the problem persists. also i should mention, i did a clean install of windows 10 and the problem went away but i had a random blue screen but the screen flashed so quick i didnt see the issue. so i will keep this thread posted!

Colif

Win 11 Master
So I tried updating my bios and it momentarily bricked my pc 🙃 and now the pc only works with 3 sticks of ram which is weird
that is unfortunate? wishes he hadn't suggested updating bios, as there is always a chance it goes wrong but most of the time it is fine.
Not sure what to suggest about the ram, re flash bios and risk more damage'?

does it care which sticks or is it picky? you had 2 sets in before, can you run either set in the 1st channel without complaints?

Feb 7, 2021
So it’s basically any channel works fine as long as it’s less than 4 sticks. I’m currently using just 3. And the bios did update, now it’s not the current one because it wouldn’t let me update to the current version so I was going to start somewhere in between and gradually move up. But it did update