Question Random BOSD, application crashes

Jul 20, 2021
Hey, I've recently been experiencing an increase of BOSDs and crashes of my applications (valorant, discord, league, and tabs on firefox/edge/chrome). I have replaced my ram two days ago now and the issue has persisted, I today fully stress tested my cpu/gpu and they performed well and no crashes occurred. I have done a clean install of windows as of yesterday and the issue has been plaguing me for weeks at this point so a fresh install didn't fix it. My most recent BOSD crash error code is. Any advice/help that can be given is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000be (0xffff86800db15cd8, 0x8a00000000200121, 0xffff830168e0bca0, 0x000000000000000a). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: f338f864-a68d-416b-a573-432ff9fa1d38.

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/44805875

specs:
16 gb 3200 ram
1 tb m.2 ssd
rtx 2070 super
ryzen 5 3600
msi gaming x470(mobo)

You said windows was reinstalled. Is it up to date now? Did you run virus scans? How much space is there left on the hd? Have you overclocked your cpu or gpu? Check your hardware in device manager and check to see if any of them needs a driver update. Can you recall, I know it's been a long time, if you installed any new hardware, apps, drivers before all the trouble started? What bios are you running on your motherboard?

Jul 20, 2021
Yes windows is up to date, ill run a virus scan now, I have 600 gb left on my harddrive. I haven't overclocked my cpu/gpu, I've never overclocked my computer but I'll check my bios to make sure. I can't recall at all really, I never installed any new hardware when the issue occurred and I've clean installed windows since then. I just downloaded my bios update from the msi website yesterday. It is the 7B79vAK3(Beta version), it might be a mistake that I have the beta version, I'll downgrade to the last version if you think that's better.

No leave bios alone as is. I don't think that is your problem. BSOD usually turn out to be hardware related like psu, psu voltages, there is something to look at, and hardware drivers. Since you ruled out windows, disk space and overclocking your culprit is getting closer to being found.

Jul 20, 2021
Well, the bsods seem to just come out of thin air but my tabs on firefox/edge/chrome and my games do crash often even when i have 3 tabs open or just discord and a game open. I had previously suspected this to be ram but two days ago I just installed brand new ram and it still is causing these issues.

Jul 20, 2021
I've just replaced my PSU and it doesn't seem that there is any difference in amount of crashes, so currently now I've crossed out my gpu/cpu/psu/ram. The last physical parts it could be are my mobo/ssd. However, I really don't believe its my mobo because when I put my gpu/cpu under 100% load for 20+ mins plus wouldn't that clear my mobo from causing issues to that? So either it is software issue or it is my main boot drive ssd. I'd still like to think that it is cleared from being a software issue because I've clean installed windows yesterday but the issue is still there. So I'll look into it being a <Mod Edit> ssd.

Last edited by a moderator: