[SOLVED] Random BSOD and crashes need help with DMP analysis

Apr 9, 2022
Trying to figure out a friends PC that crashed randomly while streaming. Everything is updated including the BIOS. I have included the specs and 3 DMP files he was able to send me. Thanks in advance for any help with the analysis that you can give! I appreciate your time!

Windows 10 Pro Prosessor: Intel Core i7-9700K
Graphic card: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 8gb
Motherboard: Z390 GAMING SLI
RAM: Kingston Hyperx Fury 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3200MHz DDR4
PSU: Corsair RM850X V2 850W
Hard drive Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD

DUMP1 DUMP2 DUMP3

Solution
heap corruption problems can be hard to find, and take some time to reproduce.
often you will find that if you just reboot your system at the end of the day you will not hit the problem.

I would also disable your overclock driver and the gpu overclock access tool. gamingosd.exe
until you figure out the problem.

I will take a quick look at the memory dumps to see if I can get a good guess as to the type of corruption and likely cause.

first bugcheck looks like a buffer overflow. that would most likely be a programming mistake. error was detected at cleanup, so you don't know who caused the error, just the name of the process that was the victim.

second one looks like a driver corrupted memory and memory manager access something...

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump files through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/qu9oLxta/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.
File information:040822-24546-01.dmp (Apr 7 2022 - 19:47:58)
Bugcheck:KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION (13A)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BEDaisy.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: UnityCrashHandler64.exe)
Uptime:3 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 39 Min(s), and 42 Sec(s)

File information:032322-7453-01.dmp (Mar 23 2022 - 17:22:36)
Bugcheck:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1A)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: GamingOSD.exe)
Uptime:2 Day(s), 1 Hour(s), 28 Min(s), and 39 Sec(s)

File information:030722-6484-01.dmp (Mar 7 2022 - 17:42:56)
Bugcheck:BugCheck 100000B8, {ffffbe0c2c858080, ffffbe0c3a10c600, 0, 0} (100000B8)
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process running at time of crash: EscapeFromTark)
Uptime:1 Day(s), 20 Hour(s), 48 Min(s), and 38 Sec(s)
Comment: The overclocking driver "RTCore64.sys" was found on your system. (MSI Afterburner)

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-GAMING-SLI-rev-10#kf

Comments:
  • It looks like there are BIOS updates. If I have the right motherboard, the dumps say version F7 is being used and the MB page says the latest is F10. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).
  • The 3rd bugcheck (dump) is an unknown one (rare).

Crashing driver:
Feb 10 2022BEDaisy.sysBattlEye Anti Cheat driver

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Apr 9, 2022
I had him update to the F10 BIOS earlier, let me confirm that is done. BattlEye is an anti cheat software for Escape from Tarkov so that was probably just a random fault. His graphics card was overclocked previously but I had him remove all overclocks a few days ago and it was still crashing here and there. Thank you very much for your fast reply!

heap corruption problems can be hard to find, and take some time to reproduce.
often you will find that if you just reboot your system at the end of the day you will not hit the problem.

I would also disable your overclock driver and the gpu overclock access tool. gamingosd.exe
until you figure out the problem.

I will take a quick look at the memory dumps to see if I can get a good guess as to the type of corruption and likely cause.

first bugcheck looks like a buffer overflow. that would most likely be a programming mistake. error was detected at cleanup, so you don't know who caused the error, just the name of the process that was the victim.

second one looks like a driver corrupted memory and memory manager access something that should have been in memory was the info was corrupted and it tried to read it in from a pagefile and got a error object not found.

third was a bad stack pointer in a new thread in your game.
i would focus on the first two bugchecks. ie remove the overclock driver, the asus gamingosd.exe and see if you still bugcheck.

your NT kernel also looks like it has 4 changes from what it should be.
After I removed the various software for overclocking. I would start cmd.exe as an admin then run
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
and see if will repair your windows install.

some old tools for windows 7 hack in to the kernel so they can reroute functions , this is no longer allowed but it is still done sometimes,
google for autoruns and download if from microsoft, you can use it to see if you have something in startup that might be changing the kernel, you can also look in task scheduler to see if asus has scheduled a task to reinstall their tools. for the case where tools come back after you have removed them.

Last edited:
Solution