Random BSOD, clicking microphone and slow computer after reboot

love.kallman

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018
Hi. I've been getting random BSOD crashes for a while now, and my microphone just started clicking very loudly, so I re-installed Windows. During the setup it said that my SSD "might fail soon" despite the fact that checkdisk cleared it. So I installed Windows anyway and that seemed to solve it.
Now, two weeks later I got a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA bsod and after reboot, the computer is really slow and the microphone clicking is back. I've got a studio microphone which is connected to a Steinberg UR22mkII.

The driver seemingly at fault according to the dump file seems to be a GPU driver, but I know it's not that since it said that last time. I then reinstalled the driver but to no avail.

My specs: https://valid.x86.fr/854h6q
BSOD dump: https://pastebin.com/Urt6zgsG

Any help appreciated, thanks.

love.kallman

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018

I've replaced the SSD with a healthy one and re-installed Windows again, and just now I got another blue screen, but BSODviewer didn't show anything for some reason.
I did a memtest86 and Windows memory check, both came back negative for any errors.

love.kallman

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018

Nothing except application crashes caused by the blue screen.

Ralston18

Titan
Only crashing with applications? All applications or just some applications?

Agree with Greeko85 - do run some additional diagnostics.

Boot up as usual and open Resource Monitor and nothing else.

Watch for a few minutes and slide the Resource Monitor window to one side.

Start opening applications while watching Resource Monitor. Look for some resource being maxed out.

May take a few tries. Hopefully you will be able to spot some Process or Service going astray.

Task Manager might also be helpful.

love.kallman

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018

Alright, I'll try, but it's difficult since it happens at seemingly random times, and usually just once or twice every two days or so. I'll keep an eye on task manager and resource monitor while the computer is under load.
Any other diagnostics I can do?

Ralston18

Titan
There is Event Viewer.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Somewhat more cumbersome to work with and understand.

May report no entries but what it is really doing is still collecting data. So do wait a minute of so if you see such a response.

Right-clicking an entry will provide more details.

Just proceed in a manner that you feel comfortable with. Intermittent errors can be quite difficult to pin down.

However, you will learn as you go and soon get a sense of what is "normal" and then starting wondering about "what is that???"

Google accordingly.

One more thought. Just FYI:

It is indeed normal to see errors/red icons - just the nature of the beast. Most such errors are reported but handled by the system.

Those are the type errors that scammers use to scare people into thinking something is drastically wrong with their system and then that person gets talked into allowing remote access to the computer so the scammer can "fix it".

Scammers pretend they are from Microsoft (direct lie) or use some name that implies they are "Microsoft".

Does not end well for the victim.

love.kallman

Prominent
Mar 17, 2018

Yep I'm familiar with that, I watch people on YouTube who pretend to be the victims while in reality they dox the scammers.
I'll look through event viewer as well, thanks!