Random BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe over the past 2 months

btrav528

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
My laptop has crashed 4 times in the past 2 months due to a BSOD that seem to be caused by the ntoskrnl.exe process. I have WhoCrashed information below:

On Mon 1/2/2017 1:37:55 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\010217-86359-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFC6556FD8C010, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801E7079B58)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 1/2/2017 1:37:55 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFC6556FD8C010, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF801E7079B58)
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 12/14/2016 9:43:30 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\121516-37515-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A6F0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFF83B7EC713E00, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF803FF3A4185)

On Thu 12/8/2016 8:18:03 AM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\120816-70250-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x14A510)
Bugcheck code: 0x12B (0xFFFFFFFFC00002C4, 0xD3E, 0x347FB80, 0xFFFF820160E90000)
Error: FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a single-bit error was found in this page. This is a hardware memory error.
This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem. This error suggests a case of memory corruption because of a hardware problem. It is suggested you do a test on your RAM modules (memory test).

For what it's worth, I did run a RAM test, as per the suggestion of the last report, and came up with nothing.

the bugcheck 0x12b FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE
often is caused by single bit corruptions in your CPU.
the suberror code was: The system file %1 has become corrupt and has been replaced.

You might want to remove any overclocking in BIOS and overclocking drivers
and monitor your CPU temps and voltages. I would update the BIOS or reset it to defaults.
generally to debug this problem you would have to make a kernel memory dump so the proper hardware debug info will be saved. The minidump can also be of limited help.

the memory addresses used look like proper kernel memory addresses. They are not clearly bogus but might have single bit corruptions.

ntoskrnl.exe is a core windows file, any bug in any device driver will fail in this file or in the device driver with the bug. It will still be a bug in the device driver not ntoskrnl.exe.

btrav528

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
I have no overclocking of any sort on my machine, and currently at 3/4 passes on memtest with 0 errors. From what I can find, the latest BIOS I can get is the one I have from 2014. Baring any miraculous revalations, I assume nothing else can really be gleaned about my issues? Is there any thing else I can provide to help figure this out?