Question Random BSOD during gameplay?

Sep 10, 2022
So recently i got an upgrade to my pc and now as the title says it begins to bluescreen during gameplay of 5 minutes. When it does so it begins boot looping, turning on, bluescreening and restarting. I noticed that my cpu is at 60° but rises during gameplay but still nothing too large. I have an AMD ryzen 7 5800x CPU, asrock B550 Pro4 motherboard and the cooler is XILENCE A250 PWM. Thanks in advance for any tips and help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
what did you change? Is CPU/MB, did you clean install after?

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

Sep 10, 2022

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
I changed the motherboard and cpu, my previous ones were an i5 7400 and asrock b450. I did go thru a clean install and installed the bios and amd software and such. I set the minidump up so next time it happens ill post the dump files here. Also of note if needed, the pc runs fine on idle, i checked the thermal paste and reapplied it, changed the small battery on the motherboard, cpu pins are in order, steam downloads are fine but only happens during running a game or such, ill try running a game again soon so if anything happens ill post the files.

Sep 10, 2022

It has happened recently and as instructed i got the dump files and put them in Dropbox, link here to the "New Folder": https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u36vx6ns5e9b7mj/AAC1znCK06pelaqB1byfSysga?dl=0

Colif

Win 11 Master
conversion of dumps
results - click run as fiddle to see report
File: 091022-7562-01.dmp (Sep 11 2022 - 06:44:22)
BugCheck: [WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)]
Probably caused by: AuthenticAMD (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 19 Sec(s)

File: 091022-6828-01.dmp (Sep 11 2022 - 06:54:00)
Probably caused by: AuthenticAMD (Process: dwm.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 53 Sec(s)

File: 091022-6671-01.dmp (Sep 11 2022 - 07:03:54)
Probably caused by: AuthenticAMD (Process: Discord.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 45 Sec(s)

File: 091022-16906-01.dmp (Sep 11 2022 - 06:42:38)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 47 Min(s), and 54 Sec(s)
Process named are victims, what was running at time of crash.

What are full specs of the PC?

Not my most favourite error.
WHEA error are errors called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it. Can be any hardware and sometimes drivers.
Can be caused by heat (I wouldn't expect this in a new PC)
can be caused by over clocking so remove anything like MSI Afterburner or Ryzen Master
BIOS updates can help.

Now it could be a clue that 2 of the BSOD mention DWM.exe as the victim. It sits between GPU and Applications, so could be cause is GPU related
Since it happens in games... maybe

Try running DDU in safe mode, uninstall GPU drivers, log back into normal mode and reinstall either:
  1. New drivers from Nvidia
  2. Run windows update and let Windows find older Nvidia drivers to use.
Asrock are slightly behind when it comes to chipset drivers - https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-am4/b550

you don't have latest BIOS, you are on: P1.40. Latest is 2.20 - https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Pro4/index.asp#BIOS

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2022
What are full specs of the PC?

I will try the reccomended fixes thanks!,
Specs as requested: AMD ryzen 7 5800x, asrock b550 pro4, 16 gb ram, corsair cx600 Power supply, two ssd's and a hdd, windows was installed on the new 2 tb ssd. I have tried installing new gpu drivers but the same bsod crash happened with the whea code, so if it could help to pinpoint something... Update: I have ran everything and updated chipsets bios and such, all seemed fine and even ran a benchmark completely fine but i went to restart my pc because i updated some other drivers as well but then it bluescreen'd, booted up again, went thru the standard launch and crashed again, stopped it there. Had my eye on the temps, it didnt go past 60 after the benchmark New dmp files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u36vx6ns5e9b7mj/AAC1znCK06pelaqB1byfSysga?dl=0

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Guess I could have got some of those specs from dump but it doesn't tell me everything. It can't see what brand drives you have or Power Supply

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,
Asrock b550 pro4,
16gb Kingston ram - 9905625-066.A00G
corsair cx600 Power supply,
two ssd's and a hdd

You missed the Nvidia GPU

Conversion of dump files
Results - Click run as fiddle to see report

File: 091222-9843-01.dmp (Sep 12 2022 - 09:28:30)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 2 Hour(s), 22 Min(s), and 55 Sec(s)

File: 091222-12140-01.dmp (Sep 12 2022 - 09:30:10)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 01 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

File: 091122-7359-01.dmp (Sep 11 2022 - 07:21:38)
Probably caused by: AuthenticAMD (Process: svchost.exe)
Uptime: 0 Day(s), 0 Hour(s), 00 Min(s), and 09 Sec(s)

Comment: The GPU tweaking driver "iomap64.sys" was found on your system. (AI Suite or GPU Tweak 2)

Asus GPU? I wonder if its GPU tweak causing the problems. I would remove it as it could be cause. It is able to change values on hardware.

Sep 10, 2022
You missed the Nvidia GPU

Asus GPU? I wonder if its GPU tweak causing the problems. I would remove it as it could be cause. It is able to change values on hardware.

Sorry yeah i have an asus gtx 1070 ROG nvidia graph card, and it does come with the gpu tweak software, i will remove it but i just use it to adjust fan speed on the gpu.