Random BSOD every once in a while

chenerz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
so basically I received my new pc a little over 2 weeks ago, i obviously set it all up as i wanted it however 5 days ago I experienced it blue screen and it has been happening since normally once every couple of hours of use... it happened when I was either playing a game or rendering a video. I will attach the minidump folder below and also my PC specs to try to get to the bottom of this.

I have done a bit of research my self and have found that the driver ntoskrnl.exe appears in all of the BSODs which could be the case i wondered.

PC specs
PSU:Ace 650w
CPU:AMD Athlon II x2 240
Motherboard:ASUS M4A87TD-EVO
Ram: 8gb 1333MHz
GPU:MSI ATI HD 7750 2gb PCI-e
HDD:Hitachi 320gb S-ATA 7200Rpm
Heatsink:Xigmatech Apache Low Profile CPU Heatsink
Thermal Paste:Arctic Cooling MX-4

Minidump
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u9b1rzq07nu9v5o/fqqYVrGaLn

Any help on how to stop these BSODs is much appreciated.

SCREENSHOT

2eckvg1.jpg

Solution
Troubleshooting further:
*It may NOT be your DDR3 RAM but there are a few tests you can try to confirm further:

Memory testing (further):
1) run MEMTEST (in addition to the Windows memory test)
2) Try ONE STICK at at time (see motherboard manual for the supported slot. Not all work for one stick only)

OTHER:
1. REMOVE current AMD video drivers to use the default Microsoft ones
2. REINSTALL the video drivers
3. REINSTALL the MAIN CHIPSET driver, and other relevant drivers for your motherboard (motherboard support site; must be EXACT board and Windows version).

4. Try a different SATA controller (different SATA color; same color for connectors means the same controller).
5. Try a different VIDEO CARD (if possible).
6. GOOGLE your issue...

chenerz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

I've already done that and found what I said above that the driver ntoskrnl.exe appeared in each of them, I will add some screenshots to save people the effort.

chenerz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

Added Screenshots

run MEMTEST
www.memtest.org

or at the very least use the Window memory diagnostic (which will reboot).

*Testing RAM is always the first test for these types of errors as RAM issues can simulate many, many other errors since the software sitting in your RAM is corrupted.

IF ERRORS:
1) Update the motherboard BIOS (if update exists)
2) set CPU and RAM to default settings in the BIOS
3) retest
4) If still errors, try just one stick (see motherboard manual for which slot to use) and test each stick individually.

chenerz

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013

I ran the Windows Memory Diagnostic Test and no errors were found, is it still worth running the MEM test?

can the error not be seen from my screenshots? sorry I'm not the best at this sort of stuff tbh

Troubleshooting further:
*It may NOT be your DDR3 RAM but there are a few tests you can try to confirm further:

Memory testing (further):
1) run MEMTEST (in addition to the Windows memory test)
2) Try ONE STICK at at time (see motherboard manual for the supported slot. Not all work for one stick only)

OTHER:
1. REMOVE current AMD video drivers to use the default Microsoft ones
2. REINSTALL the video drivers
3. REINSTALL the MAIN CHIPSET driver, and other relevant drivers for your motherboard (motherboard support site; must be EXACT board and Windows version).

4. Try a different SATA controller (different SATA color; same color for connectors means the same controller).
5. Try a different VIDEO CARD (if possible).
6. GOOGLE your issue for more information.

SUMMARY:
*Basically it involves reinstalling important drivers and swapping hardware if possible.

Solution