[SOLVED] Random BSOD - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with the address ntoskrnl.exe+3f5210

AholicKnighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2020
Hello. I have been getting random BSODs and I do not know what is causing it. I have installed BlueScreenView to see what was causing it and it shows this:
rTqFM8d.png

I still do not know what is causing this and I have uploaded the memory dump if you like to analyze it.

You can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/87wem2rtn0f6xch/113020-7687-01.dmp/file

If my computer crashes again I will make another thread.

Last edited:
Solution
something is just messed up with the new version of the AMD CPU processors microcode.
The stack shows a Idle loop then a call to set a memory block and a network transport call.

I would try and install the amd drivers directly from amd:
https://www.amd.com/en/support

select
processors->AMD ryzen Processors->AMD ryzen 5 desktop Processor-> then select your cpu.
and install the drivers and see if it helps

if you have any special functions running out of the bios, I would disable them.
since network code was on the raw stack. i would disable any special bios supported network functions if you have any.
(network stack or network packet filters enable via bios)

I would also remove any overclock software (anything making changes...
Hello. I have been getting random BSODs and I do not know what is causing it. I have installed BlueScreenView to see what was causing it and it shows this:
rTqFM8d.png

I still do not know what is causing this and I have uploaded the memory dump if you like to analyze it.

You can download it here: https://anonfiles.com/Zb164dv5pd/113020-7687-01_dmp

If my computer crashes again I will make another thread.
sorry, I just do not want malware installed on my machine.
you can put your memory dump on a different cloud provider like google or microsoft version
people should not download a .exe file to get access to your the memory dump

Last edited:

AholicKnighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2020
sorry, I just do not want malware installed on my machine.
you can put your memory dump on a different cloud provider like google or microsoft version
people should not download a .exe file to get access to your the memory dump

I have chosen to upload my memory dump on anonfiles because I don't want my first/last name shown on my cloud storage (OneDrive or my Google Drive)

I have uploaded the memory dump onto a different file storage site:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/87wem2rtn0f6xch/113020-7687-01.dmp/file

something is just messed up with the new version of the AMD CPU processors microcode.
The stack shows a Idle loop then a call to set a memory block and a network transport call.

I would try and install the amd drivers directly from amd:
https://www.amd.com/en/support

select
processors->AMD ryzen Processors->AMD ryzen 5 desktop Processor-> then select your cpu.
and install the drivers and see if it helps

if you have any special functions running out of the bios, I would disable them.
since network code was on the raw stack. i would disable any special bios supported network functions if you have any.
(network stack or network packet filters enable via bios)

I would also remove any overclock software (anything making changes to the BIOS in real time) and
set the power settings to high performance mode so that the system does not try to change power management settings.

I think the whole issue is related AMD releasing microcode fixes to prevent attacks on machines running their CPU. The attack is via the bios interface used chip drivers and the interface used to get to the bios via overclock drivers and power management drivers.

I think AMD has pushed out some bad patches and microsoft may have installed them with a update to mcupdate_AuthenticAMD file.
I think if you install amd's version of the update then microsofts version should not load. (hopefully)
I just do not know if it will require you to update your bios to a specific version before they install.
I have not see a solution for this problem with the last 8 people's machines that I have looked at.

10: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.8, DMIVersion 0, Size=2524]
BiosMajorRelease = 5
BiosMinorRelease = 14
BiosVendor = American Megatrends Inc.
BiosVersion = 3.50
BiosReleaseDate = 11/07/2019
SystemManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
SystemProductName = MS-7C02
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = 1.0
SystemSKU = To be filled by O.E.M.
BaseBoardManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
BaseBoardProduct = B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0
10: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS