[SOLVED] Random BSOD on Windows 10 x 64 Bit

AholicKnighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2020
lwMOiv5.png

I just got a random blue screen and I do not know what caused it. I have uploaded the dump file if you would like to take a look at it more.

Dump: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ivkd6atn60jz4tk/122220-18921-01.dmp/file

Solution
I previously ran driver verifier but it was in a crash loop. How would I make driver verifier only run then stop next boot when it BSODs?

EDIT: Driver Verifier is running and I will edit this or make a new comment if it bluescreens and post a crash dump again.
if you get into a crash loop with verifier.exe you would
go into bios and disable any fast startup or fast boot functions. this can give you more time for you to attempt to get into safe mode when windows attempts to boot.
when you boot, you would just try to get into safe mode and keep rebooting until you do or
windows should go into safe mode automatically after 3 or 4 failed boot attempts.

when you get into safe mode you would run
verifier /reset
and...
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
A lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or

(not sure what a indirect display driver is, will look it up)

look for a update of
Adobe Desktop Service.exe (running at the time of the bugcheck, most likely run related to the problem)

or maybe remove this driver: (just because of the age of the driver)
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014

you should also remove your overclock driver until you get this working again:( remove just because overclock drivers can mess up timings in electronics)
\C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys Fri Sep 30 05:03:17 2016

you can download and run autoruns from here
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
you can uncheck the driver to prevent if from loading to test or you can just remove the driver entry with this tools
and it will not load again.
------------
BiosVersion = 3.90
BiosReleaseDate = 11/30/2020
SystemManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
SystemProductName = MS-7C02
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = 1.0
SystemSKU = To be filled by O.E.M.
BaseBoardManufacturer = Micro-Star International Co., Ltd
BaseBoardProduct = B450 TOMAHAWK MAX (MS-7C02)
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0

0: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

---------
try and remove these drivers and see if you still get problems. it took 1 day 5 hours for the first bugcheck.
if you do get the problem you may have to turn on verifier functions to isolate what driver is causing the actual problem.
or just reboot your machine more often in the hopes that it will occur less often after a reboot.
often problems occur after many rounds of letting the machine sleep and wake up cycles. Some drivers do things that are no longer allowed.

Last edited:

AholicKnighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2020
KERNEL_AUTO_BOOST_LOCK_ACQUISITION_WITH_RAISED_IRQL (192)
A lock tracked by AutoBoost was acquired while executing at DISPATCH_LEVEL or

(not sure what a indirect display driver is, will look it up)

look for a update of
Adobe Desktop Service.exe (running at the time of the bugcheck, most likely run related to the problem)

or maybe remove this driver: (just because of the age of the driver)
\SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014

you should also remove your overclock driver until you get this working again:( remove just because overclock drivers can mess up timings in electronics)
\C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\RTCore64.sys Fri Sep 30 05:03:17 2016

you can download and run autoruns from here
Autoruns for Windows - Windows Sysinternals | Microsoft Docs
you can uncheck the driver to prevent if from loading to test or you can just remove the driver entry with this tools
and it will not load again.
------------
BiosVersion = 3.90
SystemFamily = To be filled by O.E.M.
SystemVersion = 1.0
SystemSKU = To be filled by O.E.M.
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0

0: kd> !sysinfo cpuinfo
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Update Status = REG_DWORD 1
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD

---------
try and remove these drivers and see if you still get problems. it took 1 day 5 hours for the first bugcheck.
if you do get the problem you may have to turn on verifier functions to isolate what driver is causing the actual problem.
or just reboot your machine more often in the hopes that it will occur less often after a reboot.
often problems occur after many rounds of letting the machine sleep and wake up cycles. Some drivers do things that are no longer allowed.

Thank you for helping me to find out what is causing the problem. My computer crashed again and this time it is a completely different BSOD crash message. This time it is: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
bKOqCHm.png

You can view the crashdump here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/twh1wpgw34m9ij6/122420-8750-01.dmp/file

looks like windows was checking some registry setting, then processed some timer and the stack pointer got messed up and started running some random code.
you would have to provide a kernel dump to look at the timer tables,
you should also remove the overclock tool. rtcore64.sys before attempting any debugging

-you should setup verifier.exe to try to catch any driver that is corrupting memory that it does not own,.
- you should describe what kind of video monitor you are running and how it is connected to the computer
(since IndirectKmd is running)
and what you use this for:
vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014
the reason it might be related is because the raw stack shows a call to
nt!HalpApicRequestInterrupt
(advanced programmable intterupt controller)
just before the system bugchecked.
this could be a bug in the BIOS, chipset drivers, cpu, or microcode update)
I do think AMD is coming out with updates in january for various issues with the chipsets and bios.
your system was up for 12 hours before the bugcheck.
you may find that turning off devices that use the dma channels might help. particularly disable sound devices that are not currently connected to a speaker. like your motherboard sound if you don't connect it to a speaker, or your GPU sound driver it you do not get sound via your monitor cable.

check for a updated vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014
if you can find one. Sometimes old sound drivers will respond to another sound drivers direct memory access request.
and overflow a buffer and cause this type of crash.

you may also find that going into bios and clearing the configuration data then resetting the bios to dedfaults might help. it should force the bios to rescan its hardware and make a new list of hardware settings that it will hand off to windows so windows will know what settings are not already in use and it can make assignments without conflicts.

------------
!sysinfo [ cpuinfo | cpumicrocode | cpuspeed | gbl | machineid | registers | smbios ] [-csv | -noheaders]
0: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.8, DMIVersion 0, Size=2535]
BiosVersion = 3.90
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600

AholicKnighter

Reputable
Dec 3, 2020
looks like windows was checking some registry setting, then processed some timer and the stack pointer got messed up and started running some random code.
you would have to provide a kernel dump to look at the timer tables,
you should also remove the overclock tool. rtcore64.sys before attempting any debugging

-you should setup verifier.exe to try to catch any driver that is corrupting memory that it does not own,.
- you should describe what kind of video monitor you are running and how it is connected to the computer
(since IndirectKmd is running)
and what you use this for:
vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014
the reason it might be related is because the raw stack shows a call to
nt!HalpApicRequestInterrupt
(advanced programmable intterupt controller)
just before the system bugchecked.
this could be a bug in the BIOS, chipset drivers, cpu, or microcode update)
I do think AMD is coming out with updates in january for various issues with the chipsets and bios.
your system was up for 12 hours before the bugcheck.
you may find that turning off devices that use the dma channels might help. particularly disable sound devices that are not currently connected to a speaker. like your motherboard sound if you don't connect it to a speaker, or your GPU sound driver it you do not get sound via your monitor cable.

check for a updated vbaudio_cable64_win7.sys Wed Aug 13 23:15:25 2014
if you can find one. Sometimes old sound drivers will respond to another sound drivers direct memory access request.
and overflow a buffer and cause this type of crash.

you may also find that going into bios and clearing the configuration data then resetting the bios to dedfaults might help. it should force the bios to rescan its hardware and make a new list of hardware settings that it will hand off to windows so windows will know what settings are not already in use and it can make assignments without conflicts.

------------
!sysinfo [ cpuinfo | cpumicrocode | cpuspeed | gbl | machineid | registers | smbios ] [-csv | -noheaders]
0: kd> !sysinfo machineid
Machine ID Information [From Smbios 2.8, DMIVersion 0, Size=2535]
BiosVersion = 3.90
BaseBoardVersion = 1.0
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3600

I previously ran driver verifier but it was in a crash loop. How would I make driver verifier only run then stop next boot when it BSODs?

EDIT: Driver Verifier is running and I will edit this or make a new comment if it bluescreens and post a crash dump again.

Last edited:

if you get into a crash loop with verifier.exe you would
go into bios and disable any fast startup or fast boot functions. this can give you more time for you to attempt to get into safe mode when windows attempts to boot.
when you boot, you would just try to get into safe mode and keep rebooting until you do or
windows should go into safe mode automatically after 3 or 4 failed boot attempts.

when you get into safe mode you would run
verifier /reset
and reboot, this will turn off verifier functions so you can boot.

if verifier calls a bugcheck on a driver you must have running you can exclude the name of the driver from the verification functions. you will have to google for how to exclude drivers with verifier.

Last edited:
Solution