Random BSOD W7(x64)

bigredsofa

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Hello, I am experiencing randoms and very annoying BSOD while working/playing on my computer and couldn't figure out how to fix this issue, I know alot of people have been having the same problem as I do but the numbers/letters, they are different from one to another.

So my bsod is showing : *** stop: 0X000000F4 (0x0000000000000003,0xFFFFFA80087F56D0,0xFFFFFA80087F59B0,0xFFFFF8000338C510)

And here is my desktop configuration if that can help you out :

- Processor: Intel Core i7 2600 clocked at 3.40 GHz
- Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H61-M LX PLUS Rev x.0x
- Chipset: Northbridge : Intel Sandy Bridge
- Memory : 8 GB total memory type DDR3 to 665.26 MHz (Kingston)
- Graphic card : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
- SSD/HDD : SSD Corsair Force 3 SSD from 55.90 GB SATA III (On which my OS is installed AND Harddrive ST1000DL002-9TT153 from 931.51 GB SATA III
- Network : Atheros Communications Inc. AR9300 Wireless LAN adaptor
Adapter type : ‏Unknown
Network speed : ‏54 Mbits/s

Please someone help me out, as this is really irritating :(

...Almost never see this one pop up:

Bug Check 0x74: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

This bug check indicates that there is an error in the registry.

The BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO bug check occurs if the SYSTEM hive is corrupt. However, this corruption is unlikely, because the boot loader, known as NT Loader (NTLDR) in versions of Windows prior to Vista, checks a hive for corruption when it loads the hive.

This bug check can also occur if some critical registry keys and values are missing. Thee keys and values might be missing if a user manually edited the registry.

Try restarting the computer by selecting "last known good configuration" in the boot options.

If the restart does not fix the problem, the registry damage is too extensive. You must reinstall the OS or use the Emergency Repair Disk (ERD) that you previously created by using the Windows Backup tool.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff559188(v=vs.85)

Install anything recently? This BSOD really shouldn't be popping up unless the registry REALLY got messed up somehow...

Could be RAM related, but this isn't one of the BSOD's I'd expect to see if RAM was corrupted. A memtest86 couldn't hurt though, just to be safe.

You can give sfc /scannow a try, and see if windows can repair itself.

Last step would be to try a registry cleaner. CCleaner works well enough...

Failing that, assuming no other BSOD's occur that can be traced to another cause, then this is one of the few times where a reinstall of the OS may be required to fix the problem.

bigredsofa

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
So basicly, If I just buy and install some new ram 1333 or 1066 Mhz I should be fine ? Because if so, I'm rushing to the store right now ! And I read about memtest86 and I tried to run it but it tells me :

" The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see wether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software's publisher ".

bigredsofa

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
So I just ran the test just like you asked me (ran it twice in a row actually), and yet, no errors were to be found.. so Like you said it isn't my memory that is the problem, do you have any other ideas what it might me ?

TRENDING THREADS