[SOLVED] Random BSOD when playing games

KudaT3rbang

Commendable
Jan 14, 2022
PC Config
Processor : AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
Motherboard : Gigabyte B450M GAMING (rev. 1.x)
RAM : Adata XPG SPECTRIX D50 RGB (2x8) 16GB DDR4 PC25600 3200MHz - Dual Kit (Running at 2666Mhz)
GPU : Asrock Radeon RX 570 PHANTOM GAMING D 4GB GDDR5
SSD : Adata XPG SX6000 PRO 256GB M.2 - NVMe (Bought 2 weeks ago) w/ Heatsink : Thermalright Heatsink SSD NVMe M.2 Cooler Cooling M2 HDD Aluminum SATA
HDD : Seagate Barracuda 1 TB
PSU : Aerocool Lux RGB 550W 80+ Bronze (Note: This PSU has a bad reputation IMO. My friend had this PSU and it blown up.)

Symptomps

Every time I play a game(Forza Horizon 4, CS:GO, New World) it will run smoothly and fine. But sometimes suddenly the computer will freeze and go on BSOD. Note also that, my headset also makes a buzzing sound when BSOD is in progress. After that PC goes on restart. On rare occasions, while on the BSOD screen, the computer gets stuck on the BSOD screen and the dump file cannot be written.

But if I use this computer only for normal school purposes (eg: google meetings, office work), this computer runs without any problems. I tested it for about 7 hours for school purposes and the computer runs without even a BSOD.

The BSOD Codes that were retrieved :

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Link for all the dump files: Dump Files

The last time my PC run smoothly without any problems was around December 2021 before installing the new SSD.

Troubleshooting

• DDU the AMD GPU Driver and reinstalling it (Driver Version 30.0.13023.1012)
  • Turning off fast boot on windows
  • Unplugging Webcam
  • Reinstalling fresh windows 10 to the SSD
  • Checking all connection on PC
  • Disabling XMP
  • Running sfc /scannow
  • Running Windows Memory Diagnostic (Passed)
Some Related Information

• WhoCrashed shows that the dump file is corrupted when I try to analyze
  • BlueScreenView can show the BSOD information -> ntoskrnl.exe is highlighted in red
  • Event Viewer showing multiple errors sometimes before BSOD happen.
    EventViewer.jpeg

In the end

Currently, I will order a new brand new PSU, and replace the current one. The new PSU is will Be Quiet System Power U9 600W 80+ Bronze. But any advice is appreciated! =)

P.S: Sorry for my bad English.

Solution
Should I RMA the RAM?
Yes. Any error count over o is too high for Memtest. 25k errors is way over 0.

You could test one stick at a time to see if its both but if its a set, return & replace.

any BSOD when you get that many errors is suspect. Its likely ram caused them.

KudaT3rbang

Commendable
Jan 14, 2022
Update
I run Memtest86 on the system. I use the two sticks of ram when testing. It gives a bunch of errors when running the test. When running the test suddenly the PC freezes and restarted automatically. The second test also gives a bunch of errors, and after that, the PC suddenly froze. After that, I stop the test.

Test 1
TestRam1.jpeg

Test 2
TestRam2.jpeg

Should I RMA the RAM?

KudaT3rbang

Commendable
Jan 14, 2022
Late Post

I manage to use some old RAM I have, it's a cheap one stick 8GB of not branded RAM. I stick it on my motherboard, and my computer works flawlessly without any problem until now. So it's the RAM causing the issues. Thanks, to Colif for recommending me to RMA the RAM.

Reactions: Colif