Random BSOD with brand new build

farmerdils

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Greetings.

I'm getting random BSODs with a brand new build. I'm kind of a computer noob so I'm not entirely sure what to do. Three BSOD messages have been appearing.

Memory_management
page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
system_exception

The weird thing is that the BSOD occurs once and then my computer runs fine. Also worth noting that I had my hard drive plugged in when I installed my Windows OS, so although my OS is on my SSD, there is a system reserved partition on my HDD (500mb). I'm not sure if it is relevant or not, but there you go.

Edit: I guess you're going to need my specs.
Intel i7 6700k
Corsair h75 AIO
Gigabyte GAZ170MX Gaming 5
GeIL Potenza 16GB DDR4-2133
MSI GTX Geforce 1070
EVGA NEX750W 80+ Gold

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Solution
looking a the usb 3 error logs, you have a
ProductId: Gaming Mouse G502
DeviceDescriptor: VID 046d ( Logitech Inc.) PID c332 REV 0302, Class: (0)(0) BcdUsb: 0200
on your usb 3 port 4
the port was reset for some reason then the device(mouse) returned a error 0xc0000001(STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)
then the microsoft driver failed the call because the client did not support it.

looks like logitech updated the windows 10 64 bit drivers on jan 4 2017
http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/g502-proteus-core-tunable-gaming-mouse
*you will want to also look for a firmware update for the mouse

i assume the MemCompression executable is part of the new windows 10 feature...
Hi farmerdils :)

This Kernel bug check usually refers to faulty RAM.
It can also be the installation of a faulty system service or faulty driver code.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error.

Check your RAM using Memtest86 from a USB stick. Try with one stick of RAM in the first slot and switch them around incase of DIMM failure.
To check your DISK run CHKDSK in an elevated command prompt. If errors or faults found then use the extension /f or /r to fix or repair.

it is very hard to tell the cause of a bugcheck without looking at the memory dump file it creates in
c:\windows\minidump

each of the bugchecks have a error code associated with it to help give a clue to the problem.
you can apply generic "fixes"
update the BIOS, update the motherboard drivers from your motherboard vendors website
remove any overclocking software. This will fix most of the common machine bugchecks but not ones caused by malware and viruses. For those you would want to run a free Malwarebytes scan
then start cmd.exe as an admin and run
sfc.exe /scannow (this will fix some errors by fixing corrupt files from a local backup)
most malware now corrupts the backup file so you should then try:
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
this attempts to fix the files by going to a windows update server to get a new copy of any corrupted core windows file.
(malware sometimes replaces the dism.exe file so this command will fail)

anyway, give some of the above ideas a shot. Otherwise you have to put your actual memory dump files on a public server like Microsoft one drive, share the files as public and post a link. Then someone would have to download the files and take a look at them with a windows debugger to give you better advice.

you can also try bluescreenview.exe or whocrashed.exe to get a automated debug attempt. It can be useful in about 10% of the cases. Most of the time you have to get someone to look at it who know what everything means.

farmerdils

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Thank you for your responses.

I checked event viewer, and I seemed to get a event ID 10016 error right before the BSOD. I will be running Memtest tonight to see if it is faulty RAM. Apparently I had placed my RAM in different channels on my MoBo. I fixed that and still no fix. I just got a BSOD a few moments ago.

I am not overclocking at all currently, and my drivers are up to date. CHKDSK came back with no errors. I'm going to scan for any malware currently to see if that is the issue.

[REMOVED]

That is the link for my memory dump files if anyone could give it a shot. Would re-installing the OS be a possible fix? I had my hard drive connected at the same time as my SSD when I first downloaded the OS.

Anyways, thank you very much for your help.

EDIT: Nothing on the malware scan :\

Sorry M8 but the link to your dump file does not work. Says "This 1drv.ms page can’t be found"

farmerdils

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
I'm not sure how to fix the URL, but I tried copying and pasting into the address bar and that sent me to the download page.

I also ran memtest (albeit only 1 pass) and there were no errors. I'll let it run again over night just to be sure.

Both cmd commands came back clean with no errors.

Thanks

you have to copy the file, then paste the file to your new location.
rather than what you did, which was copy a link to the file and pasted the link to the new location.
if you did it correctly the file will end with a .dmp file name and be on your Microsoft one drive.
if the file is .lnk it just points back to your home machine and can not be accessed by people because of your router and firewall.

I would turn off the overclock software, the run Malwarebytes and disable any chrome extensions. I think you have a piece of software attempting to hack your windows kernel. when windows detected the modification in the kernel it shut the system down with.

you can start cmd.exe as an admin (windows key+x, then type A)
and run
sfc.exe /scannow
(this command tries to fix files from a hidden backup on your machine, malware often corrupts the backup file so you then have to use the next command)
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
this will attempt to repair files from known good copies on a windows update server. (works on windows 8.x and above)

I would run chrome and turn off any extensions just I suspect that is where the ntkernel modifications came from.

then do the free Malwarebytes scan.

you also have some anti cheat drivers installed, sometimes thes hack the kernel in memory but window 10 will detect the changes and sut the system down.

-----------
bugcheck 0x50 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

in this case it was code corruption while running chrome.exe

your windows nt kernel has been corrupted, 24 modifications to the windows kernel (large memory corruption)

no other windows core files appear corrupted.

you look like you have several copies of ntiolib_x64.sys running
https://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIOLib_X64.sys
you should uninstall msi afterburner overclocking software (for now)
C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI\MSI OC Kit\ActiveX_Service\NTIOLib_X64.sys Tue Apr 12 00:04:16 2016

machine info:
BIOS Version F20
BIOS Starting Address Segment f000
BIOS Release Date 11/04/2016
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name Z170MX-Gaming 5

Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Processor Voltage 8dh - 1.3V
External Clock 100MHz
Max Speed 8300MHz
Current Speed 4000MHz
memory: (8 gb each in bank 0 and bank 1, bank 3 empty)
Speed 2133MHz
Manufacturer 8313
Serial Number
Asset Tag Number
Part Number CL15-15-15 D4-2133

farmerdils

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Thank you very much for your responses.

Oh wow, that seems like a lot going on with my system. Here's what I have done so far:

-Uninstalled EVERYTHING MSI
-Disabled ALL chrome extensions
-used the sfc.exe command as well as the dism.exe command
-scanned once more with malwarebytes

With the windows kernel being corrupted, is that something I should worry about? Is there a way to repair that? And with the Anti-Cheat software, is there anything I can do other than uninstall?

I'll keep an eye out for any more BSODs and report back. If I go a day without a BSOD I'm assuming I'll be in the clear. Again, I will update.

Thanks again everyone. You have all been very helpful!

farmerdils

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
I do have MB3 installed. Just uninstalled it but it makes me feel really vulnerable. Seems like my PC really dislikes antivirus. Will report back on any new crashes.

Please note: MB3 was installed AFTER the crashes had already been happening.

bugcheck 0x1a
Arg1: 0000000000061941, The subtype of the bugcheck.
this is not documented code. most likely a physical device became disconnected.

the running process was FileIOSurrogate.exe
Sony Creative Software File I/O surrogate
first guess would be it is a bug in this file and I would remove it or update the software.

this memory dump does not show any corrupt windows core files.
(dism.exe command would have fixed them)

you also have a driver farflt.sys which looks like Malwarebytes anti ransomware driver. It could be causing a problem with your access to your virtual memory.

it looks like your windows files are all dated Jul 15 19:28:14 2016
BUILDOSVER_STR: 10.0.14393.576

I could not read your BIOS info from the memory dump file. This is strange because I could read it with the previous memory dump. it might suggest that your bios is corrupted. (I would look to see if there is a bios update or I would reset it back to defaults and reconfigure it)
Also, it looks like your machine is not getting any windows updates. just fyi, windows 10 assumes you will apply the updates as part of the license agreement.

overall, it just looks like a sony file (FileIOSurrogate.exe) made a invalid call to a driver and crashed the system. I would scan my system for that file and check to see if you can get a update or remove it. (or one of the file filter drivers is doing something wrong)

farmerdils

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Just had another crash, so it doesn't seem to be Malwarebytes. This time it gave me a crash: page_fault_nonpaged_area. It gave me a filename: NTFS.sys

The FileIOSurrogate is from Sony Vegas I'm pretty sure, I was having crashes before I downloaded the software. With the windows update, there were no prompts for me, which I found weird also.

I'll flash my BIOS into the version I had it to before, however the crashes were happening before I had updated my BIOS.

Here is the latest minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhcS4hvw2pjjghcRBW0bms8Yxd6V

Feels like we're finally narrowing this down. Thank you everyone for your help, you've been great.

edit: The physical device disconnecting got me thinking... maybe my SSD or HDD are connected improperly? Or are not getting sufficient power or something? I'll open my case and investigate.

farmerdils

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
Uninstalled Avira. I did a full shut down (including flipping the power on my PSU). So far no crashes. That might have been it. I'm going to let it run for a bit longer.

Thank you