Hyper x predator 4000mhz 16 (2 x 8) cl 19
psu is EVGA 850 gold
sandisk ssd 240 with windows 10 64 pro
2 x 1 tb HDD
1TB m.2

every few days i get a random blue screen, first error was

On Mon 21/09/2020 20:29:28 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\092120-8578-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F3EA0)
Bugcheck code: 0x50 (0xFFFFBC0904B84080, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8040F412947, 0x2)
Error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

second was
On Fri 09/10/2020 22:20:27 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\100920-8078-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x3F3EA0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFC1060838BDFC, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF8064ED176C2)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This is a software bug.
This bug check belongs to the crash dump test that you have performed with WhoCrashed or other software. It means that a crash dump file was properly written out.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Saturday and today i had another blue screen both of those were IRQL not less or equal but when checking the bluescreen view or whocrashed that is no dump saved.

Ran Memtest 86 for 4 passes each stick individually with no errors.

thanks.

DcoyHD

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Your own links lead to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x50--page-fault-in-nonpaged-area#:~:text=Bug check 0x50 can be,service or faulty driver code.&text=It could also occur after,cache, or video RAM).

Which says to check your drivers (in Device Manager).
When you click on htem do they say they arew working properly?
If you do a drivber update are there any that need to update the driver?

Hi mate

Sorry, yes ive gone through every single one in device manager 1 by 1 checking for new updates and none of them needed it,

Last nights blue screen was irql not less or equal and that occurred after an error when a game closed,

I got sent to desktop clicked okay to close off the game error and then as i went to reload blue screen

But for some odd reason that blue screen got to 5% then instantly loaded up windows, i ran whocrashed and it did not find anything

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Sometimes I think it's easier just to do a clean re-install of Windows. That should load new drivers as well.

There's mod here called Colif who is pretty good with these sort of things. But I have seen a lot of effort spent without results.

DcoyHD

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016

DcoyHD

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Hello Steve, it sounds like you have the same problem that I have, I am pretty sure it is a bug caused by Windows since the last few updates. It seems to be triggered by high ram usage and cpu usage, it looks like it can be triggered any time, but the chances are getting higher when the usage is higher. I can't play for days just because of that, it has started for me since the last 4 update, but was still ok, but on the next update(the third last update), it got way much worse and aggressive. I don't know what to do, and it is also being caused by ntoskrnl.exe, the blue screens seems to be pretty random, but they are all caused by this same file. I did everything I can, but it looks like my pc is completely fine, I am pretty sure it is a bug. Also, it seems like more and more people report the same issue, and I am 100% sure they are all the same. If i am correct, then all we can do is to wait for a fix

My cpu usage is always low never more than 60% ram is a different story though its always high usage.

Spoke with someone at hyper x they told me to revert the rsm back to stock and leave it at the 2933mhz and see if it occurs again. So will try this atm and go from there

Oct 14, 2020
My cpu usage is always low never more than 60% ram is a different story though its always high usage.

Spoke with someone at hyper x they told me to revert the rsm back to stock and leave it at the 2933mhz and see if it occurs again. So will try this atm and go from there
Interesting, then i might suggest you will make a reset. Also, i have mistakenly named you steve because i talked with my friend about someone called steve and then i got super confused, my bad XD

DcoyHD

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Interesting, then i might suggest you will make a reset. Also, i have mistakenly named you steve because i talked with my friend about someone called steve and then i got super confused, my bad XD
All good man!

Yeh like i said hyper x recommended running at stock ram speeds they think its possible that the memory clock at 4000 is causing it so il try that ive not had one yet.

If i dont get a bsod then i may oc it manually instead of xmp to see if that works.

If i get a bsod on stock settings then il try a windows reinstall.

Failing that i guess its an option just to get in touch with intel and asus see what they say and possible rma but we shall see.

Oct 14, 2020
Well, XMP shouldn't cause any problems most of the time, but I guess you can give it a try. I am crossing fingers for you, keep us updated if the problem keeps occurring :) . Also, I can confirm that my problem is actually caused somehow indirectly by DPC_Watchdog_violation bug, this bug occurs on the Dev channel, and for some reason indirectly causes other BSOD. I had this theory before, and I was 99% sure it is caused by this bug, but now I can confirm that my problem is caused by this bug

DcoyHD

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Well, XMP shouldn't cause any problems most of the time, but I guess you can give it a try. I am crossing fingers for you, keep us updated if the problem keeps occurring :) . Also, I can confirm that my problem is actually caused somehow indirectly by DPC_Watchdog_violation bug, this bug occurs on the Dev channel, and for some reason indirectly causes other BSOD. I had this theory before, and I was 99% sure it is caused by this bug, but now I can confirm that my problem is caused by this bug
to be honest ive never known xmp to cause this problem but you never know, personally i think it may be a bad memory controller or maybe my gpu as its 5 years old at this point.

will keep you posted if you could do the same if you find a fix id appreciate it.

DcoyHD

Honorable
Jan 25, 2016
Is the 4000 ram listed on your motherboard memory QVL?
If not then it would be guaranteed to work properly all the time.

Hi

Yes it is cross checked with qvl list on asus website checked it against the serial numbers for those rams

Not had blue screen yet since running back to stock settings

Wondering if the voltage during xmp may be an issue when running at 4000