[SOLVED] Random BSODs 1-4 days apart ?

nlg2025

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
I have been getting BSOD at random times while doing random stuff ( anything from just watching you tube videos/ playing games, )

this started in December of 2020 and i get them anywhere from 1-4 days, longest i have gone with out one is 14 days

in January of 2021 i reinstalled my Windows and had a BSOD 30 min after doing so.

PC Spec

Pc Upgrades

January upgraded my windows SSd from 250g to (465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SATA (SSD))) still getting BSOD

June swapped out my 10 year old 850 PSU to a EVGA 220-G3-0750-X1 super nova 750 G3, 80 Plus gold 750W, Fully modular, swamped out my 2 HHD to the current 2 SSD 1t each, and upgraded my RAM from 2x8 2600 to 4x8 3200 sticks

July noticed my (gigabite GTX 1060 6g wind force G1 Gaming edition) would get hot while gaming 80C when it was normally around 50-60c before so went out and got my self a RTX 3060 and that runs are 50-60C when playing games now at high settings( not sure if this would cause BSOD but i was do for an upgrade anyway )

only 2 parts not replaced on this PC are Motherboard and CPU ( PC was Built in 2017 by me)

and here we are in November now still getting BSOD

I have:

• Tested all RAM sticks
  • Tested all of the SSDs
  • Made sure all of my drivers/BIOS are up to date
Antivirus installed:

• Avast
  • Malwarebytes Premium
Minidump

BlueScreenView File's

SFC and DISM Scan

if i have missed anything or you guys need more info please let me know

i appriciate any help with this

Solution
crash dump results: https://jsfiddle.net/s4wx5dbz/show
crash 2 mentions tcpip.sys which is used by windows for talking over the internet.
your WiFi and Ethernet drivers are both from Intel so try downloading https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Do you have an external sound card? or dac?
crash 4 caused audiodg.exe to crash, its used by windows to talk to sound drivers
Crash text also mentions USBXHCI which is USB extensible host controller interface, making me ask about external sound device.
crash 5 caused by Avast, so remove or update it.

i didn't ignore dumps 1 & 3, they just didn't tell me anything.

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that may have been captured just before or at the time of the BSODs.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly.

Clicking any given entry can provide more details about what happened. The details may or may not be understandable and/or useful.

Noted that you have Avast and Malwarebytes installed.

Well and good; however, having multiple AV apps running can be problematic especially if Windows Security is running as well. Disable Avast and Malwarebytes to determine if the BSOD's diminish or stop. Windows Security/Defender is all that is really needed for the most part.

And likewise disable other apps and utilities being launched at startup and running in the background. Especially those you do not need or rarely use. Do not immediately disable anything that you do not recognize. Google to find out more about that app or utility and if it can be safely disabled.

As always, be sure that all important data is backed up at least 2 X off system and that the data is proven to be recoverable and readable.

nlg2025

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that may have been captured just before or at the time of the BSODs.

Start with Reliability History. Much more user friendly.

Clicking any given entry can provide more details about what happened. The details may or may not be understandable and/or useful.

Noted that you have Avast and Malwarebytes installed.

Well and good; however, having multiple AV apps running can be problematic especially if Windows Security is running as well. Disable Avast and Malwarebytes to determine if the BSOD's diminish or stop. Windows Security/Defender is all that is really needed for the most part.

And likewise disable other apps and utilities being launched at startup and running in the background. Especially those you do not need or rarely use. Do not immediately disable anything that you do not recognize. Google to find out more about that app or utility and if it can be safely disabled.

As always, be sure that all important data is backed up at least 2 X off system and that the data is proven to be recoverable and readable.

after looking trough Reliability history , Malwarebytes was the reason i got the last BSOD

i have uninstalled Malwarebytes and avest for now and turned on windows defender

only thing enabeld under start up is :

intel drive & support assistant tray
Realtek HD audio manager
RtkAudUservice64
windows Security notification icon

if i need to disable any of them let me know , i will post a update if i get another BSOD

Colif

Win 11 Master
i doubt Realtek audio or intel driver updater would cause BSOD so your startup apps look okay

I have asked a friend to convert dumps, we see if it shows anything else.
unlikely malwarebytes caused crash, probably victim.

Colif

Win 11 Master
crash dump results: https://jsfiddle.net/s4wx5dbz/show
crash 2 mentions tcpip.sys which is used by windows for talking over the internet.
your WiFi and Ethernet drivers are both from Intel so try downloading https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/intel-driver-support-assistant.html

Do you have an external sound card? or dac?
crash 4 caused audiodg.exe to crash, its used by windows to talk to sound drivers
Crash text also mentions USBXHCI which is USB extensible host controller interface, making me ask about external sound device.
crash 5 caused by Avast, so remove or update it.

i didn't ignore dumps 1 & 3, they just didn't tell me anything.

Solution

nlg2025

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
i already have Intel® Driver & Support Assistant and is telling me all drivers are up to date

i do have an external sound card Sound Blaster X G6 , i did not have this set to auto run with boot up and i dont remember the last time i ran the App that comes with it

i have already uninstalled avast,

nlg2025

Reputable
Sep 17, 2017
Jan 05 2021ksUSBa64.sysSound BlasterX Katana USB driver (Creative Technology Ltd.)
i keep forgetting its November, was going to say they not that old. Maybe check if newer drivers for it.

i looked in to this and looks like the APP that i had installed "Sound blaster Connect" was replaced by "Sound blaster command" everything is up to date now and will see if i get any more BSOD

and thank you all for the help