Random bsod's after first custom built computer.

Soulfulbubbles

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
So i have been wanting to get into building computers for years now but being a full-time student my focus was other places. i got a full-time job and after a few weeks i bought all the parts except for the cpu which a friend gave me new in box, and a hard drive which i assumed would be fine to recycle into the computer. the components are:

Gigabyte 970a-ds3p mobo.
amd fx-6300 cpu, not overclocked
240gb san-disk ssd and a 2 tb seagate hdd
16gb ddr3 pny anarchy, at 1600mhz
asus gtx 960 turbo 4gb card
and a Cooler Master 500w power supply.

i used to have a 500gb drive i pulled from my laptop but when the bsod's started happening my friend told me it might be the drive, so bought the ssd and hdd.

the bsod's have had various (i think windows calls them snap codes) reasons being ''memory_management'', diffrerent ".dll" errors, and the one that happened right before i posted this actually was a "nvlddmkm.sys''.

i dont know what to do can anyone help?

Solution
Get updated drivers off the site the drivers on cd are probably out of date.

When you install the new drivers, click on clean install before you install them

Soulfulbubbles

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

I had installed the drivers from the disk that came with the card. I had just done a clean install of windows when i got the new drives. (Win10 anniversary)

Soulfulbubbles

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

I had waited a few days to make sure that the blue screens had stopped, and as of writing this they seem to have. and you were right, the drivers on the cd were out of date. thank you

kanati8869

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Interesting. I just had a motherboard blow up (Rampage IV Extreme) so I bit the bullet and rebuilt with a new Rampage V Edition 10, Intel i7 6800K, and 64GB of Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200... After booting it up and installing windows, downloading all updates, and installing anniversary update I was getting random bluescreens as well. The error code indicated memory issues as well so I started loading up memory pretty hard... No bluescreen. I ran prime95 for a couple hours... no bluescreen. Machine has been stable ever since. It's like it needed to "settle" or something before stabilizing. I'd never had something like that happen before and I've built a LOT of machines, but glad to hear I'm not the only one.

TRENDING THREADS