Oct 4, 2021
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone,

For about the past month and a half, my computer has been nonstop blue screening every 5-30 minutes (with the occasional few hours where it works flawlessly), with random stop codes each time. It all started once I moved into my college dorm, when my PC would randomly crash, and everything I've tried so far to fix it never seems to work. Let me break down what I've done:

• I originally tried to see what recent apps and drivers were recently installed, but to no luck with deleting them
  • Ran chkdsk, sfc, and DISM
  • Ran Verifier to see what drivers were causing it (told me it was nvrtxvad64v.sys, so I uninstalled both the driver and NVIDIA Broadcast, no luck)
  • Ran Verifier again to see that it was storport.sys, couldn't figure out how to fix that
  • Reinstalled multiple drivers (AMD Chipset drivers, NVIDIA drivers, even swapping from Game Ready to Studio)
  • Did a complete reinstall of Windows (tried stable 10 releases, most recent 10 updates, and even 11 beta and prerelease, and after doing this, my Bluetooth adapter is no longer recognized???)
  • Ran Memory Diagnostics to no avail
  • Updated and reflashed BIOS
  • Turned off overclocks
  • Checked to see if it was the surge protector the PC was plugged into (still crashes when directly plugged into wall)

Here are some of the Stop Codes I've experienced. I have often seen:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones that I can remember (and Google does, too! Thanks search history!)

And here's the specs of my PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32 GB (2 x 16GB) @ 3200MHz
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER AMP
NZXT H710i (Black)
(Boot Drive Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
(Storage Drive) ST4000DM004-2CV104 HDD
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Running the prerelease Windows 11 (22000.194)

Honestly, I have no clue WHAT is going on, and it's been driving me nuts. Even blue screened while writing this. I'm starting to think it may be a hardware issue, but again, I can't be sure. Could someone please help me out? If you need the DUMP files that's cool too, but any and all help is appreciated. If it's software, a way to fix it would be welcome, and if it's hardware, a guide to diagnosing what part is malfunctioning would be great. I am open to rerunning any tests and programs that I already have. Thank you for your time.

Solution
Hey everyone,

For about the past month and a half, my computer has been nonstop blue screening every 5-30 minutes (with the occasional few hours where it works flawlessly), with random stop codes each time. It all started once I moved into my college dorm, when my PC would randomly crash, and everything I've tried so far to fix it never seems to work. Let me break down what I've done:

• I originally tried to see what recent apps and drivers were recently installed, but to no luck with deleting them
  • Ran Verifier to see what drivers were causing it (told me it was nvrtxvad64v.sys, so I uninstalled both the driver and NVIDIA Broadcast, no luck)
  • Ran Verifier again to see that it was...
Hey everyone,

• Ran Verifier again to see that it was storport.sys, couldn't figure out how to fix that
  • Reinstalled multiple drivers (AMD Chipset drivers, NVIDIA drivers, even swapping from Game Ready to Studio)
  • Did a complete reinstall of Windows (tried stable 10 releases, most recent 10 updates, and even 11 beta and prerelease, and after doing this, my Bluetooth adapter is no longer recognized???)
  • Ran Memory Diagnostics to no avail
  • Updated and reflashed BIOS
  • Turned off overclocks
  • Checked to see if it was the surge protector the PC was plugged into (still crashes when directly plugged into wall)
Here are some of the Stop Codes I've experienced. I have often seen:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

I'm sure there's more, but those are the ones that I can remember (and Google does, too! Thanks search history!)

And here's the specs of my PC:
AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32 GB (2 x 16GB) @ 3200MHz
ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER AMP
NZXT H710i (Black)
(Boot Drive Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD
(Storage Drive) ST4000DM004-2CV104 HDD
EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
Running the prerelease Windows 11 (22000.194)

Honestly, I have no clue WHAT is going on, and it's been driving me nuts. Even blue screened while writing this. I'm starting to think it may be a hardware issue, but again, I can't be sure. Could someone please help me out? If you need the DUMP files that's cool too, but any and all help is appreciated. If it's software, a way to fix it would be welcome, and if it's hardware, a guide to diagnosing what part is malfunctioning would be great. I am open to rerunning any tests and programs that I already have. Thank you for your time.
try this step by step again if you did some of these earlier (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 24 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png

• Uninstall AMD Chipset driver from control panel.

• Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios again. Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest AMD Chipset driver (do not restart yet) and install the SSD Driver, reboot, go to power plan and choose amd ryzen balanced, and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4 if you use 2 sticks. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them (except chipset in optional update). Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Solution