Question Random BSODs in Windows 11 ?

Jan 30, 2022
Hello,

So I have a PC mainly used for gaming.

My problem is that it gets a BSOD sometimes, not just only one kind, but the most common one is DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER, but It hasn't occured during game yet.

• I tried a clean installation of Windows 10 and Windows 11 too, it didn't help.
  • I tried memtest86, it passed a bunch of times and my ram sticks are only 2 months old at most.
  • Local PC repair shop stated that my processor was to blame but I'm not 100% sure about that.

What I noticed is that if I ran the nvidia driver 457.51 the system was fine for like 2 weeks and then I installed the 511.23 driver because Warzone crashes with the old driver and I get BSODs again. I've posted link to the dump files here because I can't really analyze it myself, so every helping comment is highly appreciated.

PC specs:
Motherboard : Asus Rog Strix Z590-F Gaming Wifi
Processor : Intel Core i7-11700K 3.6GHz
Processor Cooler : Cooler Master Masterliquid ML240L V2 RGB
Graphics Card : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X
RAM : G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x8GB 3600Mhz
PSU : FSP Hyper M 700W
SSD : Samsung M.2 NVME 1TB
PC Case : NZXT H440

The dump files:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtJI-kAvuD1XkTvRChkrJtMCk9Rl?e=dEtGCa

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, the link to your dump file does not work. It says:
This item might not exist or is no longer available

This item might have been deleted, expired, or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the owner of this item for more information.
Be sure the file is publicly available for anyone to download.

g-unit1111

Titan
I think that PC repair shop is wrong. CPU errors are incredibly rare, if ever. Usually it's something associated with an OS or driver update. But if cleaning out the Windows install didn't work, it could be a problem with your primary boot drive.

I had a Sabrent Rocket in my system that I recently replaced with a Samsung 980 Pro and so far have had no issues related to the crash dumps.