Random BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe+a62a0

kfdaddy

Reputable
Mar 3, 2014
I started getting randon BSOD's on 1-30-18 after several years of everything running smoothly. The only major changes I have made was to add a second SSD on 1-25-18. Sometimes I can go days between crashes and there doesn't appear to be any specific action that causes the BSOD.

Sometimes I'm browsing with firefox, sometimes the computer is just idle, sometimes I have one or two programs open.

The SSD is a Silicon Power 120GB and my intention was just to use it as a VRAM for After Effects so there's nothing on it except a disk cache folder. I did have some issues getting it to be recognized by disk management but that seems to be worked out now. I also have a Samsung 840 EVO, 500GB, for my C drive and a 1TB WD Black for a data drive.

I ran memtest+86 and it didn't detect any errors although I did only run one time that took about 4 hours to complete.

I did get some type of malware but I believe it was around Feb 9th, after the BSOD's started. It hijacked Firefox, got a red warning box and a male voice with warnings, blah, blah, blah, call the 800 number, etc. I was able to stop that by booting to Safe Mode and deleting firefox links in task manager but I don't know if it left any "goodies" behind. Ran all my AV and malware programs and they all came back clean.

Uploaded one of the dump files to osronline.com but honestly, I have no idea what to look for or what any of it means. I'm just not that savvy on this stuff.

Any help would be appreciated.
Joe

Solution
Which version of windows is it? If its win 10,
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Colif

Win 11 Master
Which version of windows is it? If its win 10,
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

NTOSKRNL = windows kernel. It handles all driver requests, power management, and memory management. It sits between Hardware and Applications. It got blamed but its not the cause

Solution