Question Random BSODs on laptop after installing a new SSD ?

Mar 14, 2023
Dear members of the forum, I could use some assistance if possible to the issues that I am facing with my Setup…

I have a Dell G15 5520 I5 12500H / RTX 3050, it comes with a 512gb SSD Gen 3 NVME.

Recently I've purchased a new SSD (ADATA S70 Blade) 2 TB and installed on the machine, fresh Windows 11 installation, did all Windows updates and specific drivers updates (Video card and etc).

After this upgrade, my notebook gives random BSOD… With no specific pattern, like using web browser or playing.

The errors are:

"Unexpected Store Exception" or
"CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

What I did so far:

*The Latest Bios update from dell installed.

*The Lastest available firmware installed on the SSD.

*Removed the new 2 TB SSD from the laptop, and installed in a USB-C case, put windows to go (with rufus) and booted from the USB. During this test no BSOD occurred.

*Afterwards I've removed the SSD from the case and installed back into the laptop SSD Slot, after about 4 Hours BOOM BSOD again...

I really don't know what to do… Because with my old 512 GB SSD the system runs fine. So I believe it's not a laptop hardware issue. Also, on the laptop's manual it shows as 2tb Gen 4 NVME compatible.

And using the 2 TB SSD from a case no errors occur as well.

Dear members of the forum, I could use some assistance if possible to the issues that I am facing with my Setup…

I have a Dell G15 5520 I5 12500H / RTX 3050, it comes with a 512gb SSD Gen 3 NVME.

Recently I've purchased a new SSD (ADATA S70 Blade) 2 TB and installed on the machine, fresh Windows 11 installation, did all Windows updates and specific drivers updates (Video card and etc).

After this upgrade, my notebook gives random BSOD… With no specific pattern, like using web browser or playing.

The errors are:

"Unexpected Store Exception" or
"CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED"

What I did so far:

*The Latest Bios update from dell installed.

*The Lastest available firmware installed on the SSD.

*Removed the new 2 TB SSD from the laptop, and installed in a USB-C case, put windows to go (with rufus) and booted from the USB. During this test no BSOD occurred.

*Afterwards I've removed the SSD from the case and installed back into the laptop SSD Slot, after about 4 Hours BOOM BSOD again...

I really don't know what to do… Because with my old 512 GB SSD the system runs fine. So I believe it's not a laptop hardware issue. Also, on the laptop's manual it shows as 2tb Gen 4 NVME compatible.

And using the 2 TB SSD from a case no errors occur as well.
Is the case your using rated for gen 4 or only gen 3.... If only gen 3 the ssd isn't being pushed as hard so not working as fast less room for error but maxr speed maybe breaking the ssd cache and causing you bsod I.E. bad ssd and would ask to get replaced

Reactions: GNacano
Mar 14, 2023
Is the case your using rated for gen 4 or only gen 3.... If only gen 3 the ssd isn't being pushed as hard so not working as fast less room for error but maxr speed maybe breaking the ssd cache and causing you bsod I.E. bad ssd and would ask to get replaced

Hi, thanks for your reply, the case is Gen3 rated

is there any test that I can perform to confirm? Because even when just browsing, or even without using the laptop, at desktop screen it happens