Question Random BSOD's with different errors each time

Apr 8, 2020
I'm new to this site and wasn't really sure where to make this post, I figured here would make the most sense.

I've been having this problem recently where my computer blue screens suddenly and seemingly out of no where. It most often happens while I'm playing games but does sometimes happen while just browsing YouTube or doing class work. Every now and then, my whole computer will freeze and I can't do anything so I just have to power off. This has only happened while playing video games and when it does, my game freezes and a split second later both of my monitors shut off. The RGB lights on my RAM modules stop moving, but my computer is still on. I have to manually restart it myself by holding down the power button and turning it back on.

The only troubleshooting I've done is keeping a close eye on my GPU temps while gaming just to make sure it wasn't overheating, as well as my CPU. I'm not really sure what else to do because I get a different error from the BSOD every time it happens.

If it means anything, here are my specs:
  • Ryzen 7 1700 8-core CPU, no overclocking
  • RX 5700 blower-style
  • ASUS ROG-Strix B350-f motherboard
  • G SKILL Trident Z RBG 16gb 3200 Mhz with Asus' equivalent of an XMP profile enabled (It wasn't called XMP in the BIOS but I don't remember exactly what it was)
  • 500gb SanDisk SSD
  • 1TB SSHD, Windows 10 is installed on this drive.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS