[SOLVED] Random BSODs with my RAM ?

Sep 3, 2020
Hello everyone,

A while back, I bought two identical RAM kits, following is its name:

Patriot Memory Viper4 Blackout Series DDR4 3600MHz PC4-28800 64GB (2 x 32GB) (PVB464G360C8K)

I didn't know at the time that buying as different kits was bad.

I get random BSODs at times with error code 0x18B which, after researching, seems to indeed be related to memory issues.
One of the fixes I found was to manually increase the voltage (XMP profile doesn't boot, btw) and indeed it seemed to stabilize system although not completely fixing it.

I'm a little bit worried to change the voltage without having much information but I definitely want these BSODs to stop.
Could you tell me what I should do and what are my options, please?

I'm attaching CPU-Z report as well. -> https://pastebin.com/4SpVSg95

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello everyone,

A while back, I bought two identical RAM kits, following is its name:

Patriot Memory Viper4 Blackout Series DDR4 3600MHz PC4-28800 64GB (2 x 32GB) (PVB464G360C8K)

I didn't know at the time that buying as different kits was bad.

I get random BSODs at times with error code 0x18B which, after researching, seems to indeed be related to memory issues.
One of the fixes I found was to manually increase the voltage (XMP profile doesn't boot, btw) and indeed it seemed to stabilize system although not completely fixing it.

I'm a little bit worried to change the voltage without having much information but I definitely want these BSODs to stop.
Could you tell me what I should do and what are my options, please?

I'm attaching CPU-Z report as well. -> https://pastebin.com/4SpVSg95

Thank you in advance for your help!
Get the latest bios and chipset drivers....test.

Sep 3, 2020
Pretty sure I have everything updated to its latest version.
Otherwise, how should I actually go about testing it?

I don't think having the biggest frequency in the world would change much for my usage.
As long as BSODs stop, I'm all good.